HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Feb 26, 2015, 7:09 PM
flipstah's Avatar
flipstah flipstah is offline
Aviary Masticator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Calgary
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrical Storm View Post
I personally don't think you killed the resale value by putting in an undercounter fridge. It looks like you selected nicer appliances; a wide Marvel fridge and a slide in stove (Samsung?) are definitely nicer than what you see in a lot of condo renos (eg: basic builder grade Frigidaire). I wouldn't worry too much about it for now... When it comes to selling you can always figure things out from there (if your realtor thinks its a problem based on feedback from potential buyers).
Yeah, it's a Samsung. Majority of the renovation went to the kitchen as I cook a lot and wanted to enjoy it in my domain.

I thought I'd bring it up because I've heard a lot of arguments from my inner circle, on both sides of the coin. I'm curious what the public thinks as that's who dictates the market.

EDIT: Before and after. There's shelving on the upper part to hold a toaster oven,



Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimby View Post
I think the fridge is a smart idea. Counter space is always at a premium, you can never have enough. I have no idea about re-sale.
I tore the wall down between my kitchen and dining room so instead of the kitchen being a dead-end galley there is access from both ends of the kitchen.
However it isn't completely open because there is a vent shaft that I couldn't remove so I built cabinets around it and then the rest is open counter and cooktop space.
How much did that cost or was it DIY? I feel like I should do a pass-through but then I lose out on cabinet space.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:42 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.