Ok, I'll take the bait:
Joe Sakic, Mats Sundin, Peter Forsberg, Peter Stastny, etc. All these great players have said time and time again how much they've enjoyed playing in Quebec City and some of them, like Stastny, even settled here. It seems to me that you have absolutely no clue what is going through the minds of these players and you are sustituting you're own prejudices in place of the players true motives.
Let's continue:
This statement easily proves that you have no clue what you are talking about. Winnipeg has indeed changed a lot but to claim that Quebec hasn't is a complete fallacy. It also is easily verifiable.
In the last 20 years, Quebec City's economy completely turned around. Its unemployment rate dropped from around 12% in 1995 to around 5% these days, consistently putting Quebec amongst the country's best cities. In the last 5 years, Quebec City's
- average GDP increase
- average weekly earnings increase
- labour force increase
- median family household income increase
were all higher than the national average and higher than Winnipeg's though the Peg is doing very well too.
Quebec's new airport and multi-level parking: built in 2008 and 2014
Quebec's airport new international terminal: construction 2015
Quebec's Beaux-Arts museum new pavilion: in construction
Quebec's new 2nd tallest: built in 2014
Quebec's convention center: $40M expansion built in 2014
Quebec's exhibition center: $40M expansion built in 2011
Quebec's new arena: construction to end in 2015
Quebec's new 2,5km, $100M award winning park: built in 2008
Quebec's new $2B mega-hospital: construction to start in 2017
Etc, etc, etc
Quebec consistently appears on good economic reports and articles, beautiful cities lists, good living standards lists, etc. I live here and very much participate in the cities cultural offerings but perhaps I should take your words for it that there is nothing to do and nothing changes here...
You should travel more...
And finally this crown jewel:
How dare you play the victim? You've bashed Quebec City without knowing anything about it and tried to seem reasonable with the 'my family is from there' line. You've posted uninformed opinions and got called for it. Grow up.
Forumers like you are the reason why I do not enjoy posting on this forum as much as I used to.
P.S. I don't even like the new arena that much and actually prefer Edmonton's. I'm also very much aware of the problems Quebec faces in its bid to win an NHL team. A troll, however, I am not.