HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1661  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2015, 1:37 AM
RC14's Avatar
RC14 RC14 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,149
Holiday Inn Express Blue lights.

     
     
  #1662  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2015, 1:46 AM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC14 View Post
Holiday Inn Express Blue lights.

At the risk of getting my — kicked on here I'm going to come out and say that I like those blue lights.
Also, notice from the pic work is still being done on the first level. Has the hotel reopened yet?
     
     
  #1663  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2015, 4:32 AM
RC14's Avatar
RC14 RC14 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,149
^
The hotel opens tomorrow for Outdoor Retailers. However work will continue for some time. Floors 2-4 and the pool/fitness center are not yet complete and the outside of the building still needs work.
     
     
  #1664  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2015, 5:47 AM
LumberJack LumberJack is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 90
Talked to my friend tonight that does close work with TRT. He said the two renderings shown the other day, that are similar to the Atlanta Omni were not the final renderings for the CCH. They were shown eight other renderings yesterday of potential future Omni hotels, to go along with the the two that looked similar to the Atlanta Omni. He said among those ten renderings they were shown, none of them will likely be the CCH in Salt Lake. He said those ten renderings were simply just potential hotels that Omni might do in the future for other locations around the world and US. He said they placed two renderings in Salt Lake (the two he originally thought would be in Salt Lake).
     
     
  #1665  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2015, 6:03 AM
ToysNoiz's Avatar
ToysNoiz ToysNoiz is offline
Destroy 200 S. Carl's Jr.
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 745
     
     
  #1666  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2015, 6:36 AM
ctobsl's Avatar
ctobsl ctobsl is offline
Let It Rise!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT.
Posts: 486
There is nothing wrong with the blue lighting of the Holiday Inn Express, in fact I believe more of the downtown buildings should have some kind of lighting on them so they do not look so boring and also to make the city look alive at night.
     
     
  #1667  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2015, 7:22 AM
ToysNoiz's Avatar
ToysNoiz ToysNoiz is offline
Destroy 200 S. Carl's Jr.
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 745
For those interested, I've started an SLC Photo Thread for 2015 in the My City Photos Forum. Link in my signature.





     
     
  #1668  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2015, 12:33 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
At the risk of getting my — kicked on here I'm going to come out and say that I like those blue lights.
Also, notice from the pic work is still being done on the first level. Has the hotel reopened yet?

I like the blue lights too Lee!
     
     
  #1669  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2015, 4:08 PM
airhero airhero is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 968
Wink

I saw the Shilo in person yesterday and I think it looks quite disturbing. And the blue lights look very blue in person. It looks slightly tacky in my opinion. I agree though that the lighting is a good thing, but I think white lights would look much better.
     
     
  #1670  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2015, 11:26 PM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumberJack View Post
Talked to my friend tonight that does close work with TRT. He said the two renderings shown the other day, that are similar to the Atlanta Omni were not the final renderings for the CCH. They were shown eight other renderings yesterday of potential future Omni hotels, to go along with the the two that looked similar to the Atlanta Omni. He said among those ten renderings they were shown, none of them will likely be the CCH in Salt Lake. He said those ten renderings were simply just potential hotels that Omni might do in the future for other locations around the world and US. He said they placed two renderings in Salt Lake (the two he originally thought would be in Salt Lake).
So are these guys anywhere near to the point of finalizing a SLC's CCH rendering that they will make the announcement? Base of what I'm getting is that they have some samples but still need to work on final renderings. Guessing we will not get that announcement next week during the Outdoor Retailers Show.
     
     
  #1671  
Old Posted Jan 19, 2015, 12:04 AM
Stenar's Avatar
Stenar Stenar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 3,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by airhero View Post
I saw the Shilo in person yesterday and I think it looks quite disturbing. And the blue lights look very blue in person. It looks slightly tacky in my opinion. I agree though that the lighting is a good thing, but I think white lights would look much better.
I don't think that very modern, electric blue goes with this very unmodern Army green hotel.
     
     
  #1672  
Old Posted Jan 19, 2015, 12:28 AM
Ironweed Ironweed is offline
Ironweed
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Utah
Posts: 572
Thanks for the laugh Mr. Stenar! Poor Shilo just can't seem to get it together.

By the way, I am clearly not educated on some of the Acronyms ya'll use. What does TOD mean please?
     
     
  #1673  
Old Posted Jan 19, 2015, 1:09 AM
StevenF's Avatar
StevenF StevenF is offline
The Drifter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironweed View Post
By the way, I am clearly not educated on some of the Acronyms ya'll use. What does TOD mean please?
Transit oriented development
     
     
  #1674  
Old Posted Jan 19, 2015, 1:29 AM
scottharding scottharding is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,681
Here's a pretty insightful article about the struggles of the Gateway since City Creek opened:

http://www.dailyjournal.net/view/story/a428a7f0dfe94224bcb0ac4e1996dcb8/UT--Gateway-Mall-Woes/
     
     
  #1675  
Old Posted Jan 19, 2015, 3:02 AM
TonyAnderson's Avatar
TonyAnderson TonyAnderson is offline
.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Salt Lake City | Utah
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysNoiz View Post
I'll be honest fellas, it was looking great ....but I could've used a little more stucco.
     
     
  #1676  
Old Posted Jan 19, 2015, 11:03 PM
arkhitektor arkhitektor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Clearfield, UT
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
At the risk of getting my — kicked on here I'm going to come out and say that I like those blue lights.
Also, notice from the pic work is still being done on the first level. Has the hotel reopened yet?
I don't think it ever closed. From what I understand, there have been guests staying at the property throughout the renovation.
     
     
  #1677  
Old Posted Jan 20, 2015, 1:31 AM
asies1981 asies1981 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,173
Photo updates of the ESA hotels.
     
     
  #1678  
Old Posted Jan 20, 2015, 4:01 AM
ajiuO's Avatar
ajiuO ajiuO is offline
A.K.A. Vigo
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC14 View Post
^
The hotel opens tomorrow for Outdoor Retailers. However work will continue for some time. Floors 2-4 and the pool/fitness center are not yet complete and the outside of the building still needs work.
I was under the impression that it never actualy closed... But maybe it did


The remodel is a huge improvement but the building is still ugly as hell. It is like the crowing jule of monstrous stucco building and will probably look horribly old and outdated within 5-10 years... This just goes to prove... They should have just tore it down.... But yes! It looks better for now.
     
     
  #1679  
Old Posted Jan 20, 2015, 8:05 AM
RC14's Avatar
RC14 RC14 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,149
^
The original plan was to keep the hotel open during construction but the renovations got to a point where it was just too uncomfortable for the guests and the hotel had to close in early November.
     
     
  #1680  
Old Posted Jan 20, 2015, 3:33 PM
jedikermit's Avatar
jedikermit jedikermit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 2,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAnderson View Post
I'll be honest fellas, it was looking great ....but I could've used a little more stucco.
*spit take*
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:07 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.