^ Very cool! I don't think I've seen pics of downtown Edmonton taken from that place before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc
|
This one will be interesting in a before/after kind of way in a few years. It's not just because of the Stantec and Delta towers going up. But it's also because the Walterdale Bridge, the green bridge in the foreground, in its current form is expected to be demolished about a year from now. A new bridge will be going up just to the east of it - you can see construction equipment just above the river.
I often like shots of Edmonton's skyline like this one above a bit better than those overused shots taken from the southeast within the river valley.
This is because one can see that Manulife Place is the tallest by roof height. (Yes, I know the Epcor Tower is taller by mast height, but it's often either hidden or poorly visible), and not Telus House, as so many other shots of Edmonton's skyline would lead you to believe. Keep in mind that was the result of the now-obsolete height restrictions which were in place before City Centre Airport shut down.