HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1621  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2015, 9:52 PM
ctobsl's Avatar
ctobsl ctobsl is offline
Let It Rise!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT.
Posts: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumberJack View Post
A close friend of mine that works close with TRT Holdings, the parent company of Omni, just let me know that he was able to see early renderings of the future Omni CCH that will be built in Salt Lake, in Dallas this morning. He said the group was shown 2 different renderings, both were similar but tweaked slightly "depending on the location" of the CCH. He said that "the two renderings were designed with two different locations in mind".

He went onto say that the two renderings were similar to the current Omni Hotel at CNN Center, in Atlanta.

So something similar to this...?



__________________
Photos of Downtown SLC & surrounding areas-http://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199269&highlight=ctobsl

My Mini City-Population http://saint-anthony.myminicity.com
     
     
  #1622  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2015, 9:58 PM
LumberJack LumberJack is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctobsl View Post
So something similar to this...?



Correct. That is the Omni in Atlanta.
     
     
  #1623  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2015, 10:01 PM
ctobsl's Avatar
ctobsl ctobsl is offline
Let It Rise!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT.
Posts: 486
I like it...!
__________________
Photos of Downtown SLC & surrounding areas-http://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199269&highlight=ctobsl

My Mini City-Population http://saint-anthony.myminicity.com
     
     
  #1624  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2015, 10:06 PM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
Did you by any chance hear of when these renderings will be released to the public?
__________________
1. "Wells Fargo Building" 24-stories 422 FT 1998
2. "LDS Church Office Building" 28-stories 420 FT 1973
3. "111 South Main" 24-stories 387 FT 2016
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976
     
     
  #1625  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2015, 10:07 PM
LumberJack LumberJack is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
Did you by any chance hear of when these renderings will be released to the public?
No mention of that. Sorry...hopefully sooner than later.
     
     
  #1626  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2015, 10:10 PM
Makid Makid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,108
If it is similar to the one in Atlanta, I think we will be happy.

I would love to know which 2 locations they are looking at with their designs. There aren't many places that would allow a hotel as wide as the Atlanta Omni within the required distance that would be available. I would like to think that it may have a similar shape but be taller rather than wider. We will see though as the process keeps moving along.

UTPlanner, that is good to hear that the City Council is wanting to look at the zoning heights in the area. I know I have said that there needs to be higher limits allowed in the Hub/Gateway area with certain conditions. I am just glad to hear that the City Council is starting to look into that as well.
     
     
  #1627  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2015, 10:19 PM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
The Omni Hotel in Atlanta is only 28-stories and around 300 FT according to the Diagrams.
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?

Based of off that it will be nowhere near our new tallest. 222 south main is taller.
__________________
1. "Wells Fargo Building" 24-stories 422 FT 1998
2. "LDS Church Office Building" 28-stories 420 FT 1973
3. "111 South Main" 24-stories 387 FT 2016
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976
     
     
  #1628  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2015, 11:05 PM
Stenar's Avatar
Stenar Stenar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 3,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumberJack View Post
A close friend of mine that works close with TRT Holdings, the parent company of Omni, just let me know that he was able to see early renderings of the future Omni CCH that will be built in Salt Lake, in Dallas this morning. He said the group was shown 2 different renderings, both were similar but tweaked slightly "depending on the location" of the CCH. He said that "the two renderings were designed with two different locations in mind".

He went onto say that the two renderings were similar to the current Omni Hotel at CNN Center, in Atlanta.
That's not a bad looking hotel.
     
     
  #1629  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2015, 11:22 PM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumberJack View Post
No mention of that. Sorry...hopefully sooner than later.
oh well, had to ask. You didn't by any chance get a floor count did you when viewing these renderings?

Overall, Atlanta's is very nice looking.
__________________
1. "Wells Fargo Building" 24-stories 422 FT 1998
2. "LDS Church Office Building" 28-stories 420 FT 1973
3. "111 South Main" 24-stories 387 FT 2016
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976
     
     
  #1630  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2015, 11:34 PM
LumberJack LumberJack is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
oh well, had to ask. You didn't by any chance get a floor count did you when viewing these renderings?

Overall, Atlanta's is very nice looking.
Yes, he told me that one of the renderings has the hotel somewhere at around the 30 floor range (he could not remember to be exact), and the other rendering had it at 38 floors, to be exact. I assumed this had to do with the size difference of the two locations. To be honest he couldn't tell me much more, obviously because nothing is official, or announcements yet. He works for an achritect firm that does work for TRT. There were other small details he shared with me but nothing too crazy.

If he tells me more concerning the hotel, I will definitely share what I can here.
     
     
  #1631  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2015, 11:38 PM
DMTower's Avatar
DMTower DMTower is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 811
It can look similar to the Omni in Atlanta and still be taller. Unless it's built on RWP or the parking lot on S. Temple, it would likely have to be taller.
     
     
  #1632  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2015, 11:51 PM
LumberJack LumberJack is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 90
To be clear he is not an architect on the Salt Lake City CCH project. Carry on.
     
     
  #1633  
Old Posted Jan 16, 2015, 1:22 AM
Hatman's Avatar
Hatman Hatman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by airhero View Post
This isn't the pic from the agenda document but I'm posting it because it shows the whole area. This could be a really neat area. In addition to the redevelopment of the two blocks you've also got the new, bigger intermodal hub to be constructed at some point (when I have no idea), and then just west of the hub the huge urban park that's planned. I feel a little iffy about the park idea though. One of my favorite things about the area around the hub is the huge warehouse just west of the tracks. I think if and when they do the park they should keep the warehouse and reuse it. The trouble is I have no idea what they would do with such a huge building.
As far as I'm aware, UTA has some big plans for that area with the warehouse. They want to move their main bus garage over there and use the land where their old bus garage is for TOD.

I like the park idea in theory, but I can't see it working so well in practice. Being wedged between freeway ovperpasses and a railroad yard doesn't seem like the most tranquil place to go for a stroll or a picnic or whatever else people do in parks. As pioneer park gets slowly cleaned up, this new one on the wrong side of the tracks could very easily become the 'new pioneed park,' if you know what I mean.
I hope I am proven wrong though.

Oh, and if we're taking a vote, I'll take the 38 stories, please.
     
     
  #1634  
Old Posted Jan 16, 2015, 1:47 AM
EPdesign EPdesign is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 865
     
     
  #1635  
Old Posted Jan 16, 2015, 1:53 AM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
Most skyscrapers at 38-stories I found are anywhere between 430-450FT. Even at 430FT that would put our CCH as our new tallest if at 38-stories. At 30-stories would put it any where between 375-400 FT. It would been around as tall as 99 west and 111 south main. Worst case, we get another tower in the upper 300's as a top five tallest. Not bad, not bad at all.
__________________
1. "Wells Fargo Building" 24-stories 422 FT 1998
2. "LDS Church Office Building" 28-stories 420 FT 1973
3. "111 South Main" 24-stories 387 FT 2016
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976
     
     
  #1636  
Old Posted Jan 16, 2015, 1:58 AM
EPdesign EPdesign is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 865
Our current tallest hotel



or Just because they remind me of the Grand



and oh to wish

Last edited by EPdesign; Jan 16, 2015 at 2:14 AM.
     
     
  #1637  
Old Posted Jan 16, 2015, 2:21 AM
jubguy3's Avatar
jubguy3 jubguy3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SL,UT
Posts: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatman View Post
As far as I'm aware, UTA has some big plans for that area with the warehouse. They want to move their main bus garage over there and use the land where their old bus garage is for TOD.

I like the park idea in theory, but I can't see it working so well in practice. Being wedged between freeway ovperpasses and a railroad yard doesn't seem like the most tranquil place to go for a stroll or a picnic or whatever else people do in parks. As pioneer park gets slowly cleaned up, this new one on the wrong side of the tracks could very easily become the 'new pioneed park,' if you know what I mean.
I hope I am proven wrong though.

Oh, and if we're taking a vote, I'll take the 38 stories, please.
They are putting in a huge layer of trees to catch smog
     
     
  #1638  
Old Posted Jan 16, 2015, 3:12 AM
Comrade's Avatar
Comrade Comrade is online now
They all float down here
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hair City, Utah
Posts: 9,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasatch_One View Post
Are you Sean Reynolds?
Yes. But I ask because he follows me on twitter and I didn't know the connection.
     
     
  #1639  
Old Posted Jan 16, 2015, 3:15 AM
Comrade's Avatar
Comrade Comrade is online now
They all float down here
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hair City, Utah
Posts: 9,637
I don't mind the hotel but it doesn't blow me away. This side doesn't thrill me as much:



But it could be a lot worse. Still, I'd love something with more glass ... like this:

     
     
  #1640  
Old Posted Jan 16, 2015, 3:23 AM
LumberJack LumberJack is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 90
I agree Comrade, I am hoping for more of an all glass look, compared to Atlanta's Omni Hotel look. But from what he was saying, I'm not getting my hopes up.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:36 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.