HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2741  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2014, 4:29 PM
The_Architect's Avatar
The_Architect The_Architect is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 3,385
Wow, talk about telephoto.
     
     
  #2742  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2014, 5:48 PM
thmx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Content removed
     
     
  #2743  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2014, 6:12 PM
MolsonExport's Avatar
MolsonExport MolsonExport is offline
Touching grass everyday.
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Otisburgh
Posts: 51,746
Lots and lots of the same pictures being posted in multiple threads. We all want maximum exposure, but it is annoying for many readers.
     
     
  #2744  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2014, 7:30 PM
SkahHigh's Avatar
SkahHigh SkahHigh is offline
More transit please
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,794
^ agreed

I like the effect the Courtyard has on the skyline:


Montreal by ∃Scape, on Flickr
     
     
  #2745  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2014, 7:36 PM
harls's Avatar
harls harls is offline
Mooderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Aylmer, Québec
Posts: 21,449
I came by train last week to Montreal from Ottawa. Wow.. lots of cranes up in Griffintown.
     
     
  #2746  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2014, 7:52 PM
Robertpuant Robertpuant is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Montréal
Posts: 841
Wow! One thing I've notice is our skylines looking more and more like Australia's in the way they are shaped; skinnier, more residential, peakier. There's also a stronger emphasis on night lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post

by fisheye8mmf8, on Flickr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
^ definitely one of the better views of hamilton. nice


Photo by Mike_Wigg https://www.flickr.com/photos/91207548@N03/15635830460/sizes/h/
     
     
  #2747  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2014, 7:58 PM
logan5's Avatar
logan5 logan5 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mt.Pleasant - The New Downtown South
Posts: 8,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Lots and lots of the same pictures being posted in multiple threads. We all want maximum exposure, but it is annoying for many readers.
I presume you're talking about a thread being bumped, only to find its the same material you just looked at.

Smaller places like Hamilton get overshadowed, so I can understand the extra enthusiasm.
     
     
  #2748  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2014, 8:02 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,339
And they're so gorgeous lately.
     
     
  #2749  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2014, 8:37 PM
Delirium's Avatar
Delirium Delirium is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,227
that hamilton shot is pretty cool. looks like some industrial town in russia (not in a bad way)
     
     
  #2750  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2014, 8:40 PM
hipster duck's Avatar
hipster duck hipster duck is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeIsThomas View Post
Best Hamilton photo ever.

It reminds you that there's this big[gish], old working class city that spreads like a carpet below the mountain.
     
     
  #2751  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2014, 10:29 PM
SkahHigh's Avatar
SkahHigh SkahHigh is offline
More transit please
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,794
     
     
  #2752  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2014, 11:05 PM
Ashok Ashok is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 602
^ That is simply amazing!
     
     
  #2753  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2014, 11:49 PM
TorontoDrew's Avatar
TorontoDrew TorontoDrew is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 10,725
That Hamilton picture is great. She really does have some impressive density.
     
     
  #2754  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2014, 11:50 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,339
Agreed. The way it fades off into the distance, there's something almost religious about it.
     
     
  #2755  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2014, 11:53 PM
BretttheRiderFan's Avatar
BretttheRiderFan BretttheRiderFan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,667
I feel like Hamilton is a city I'd easily fall in love with given more time there.
     
     
  #2756  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2014, 11:55 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,339
Ayreonaut, based on his post-secondary education wants, had to choose between Hamilton and St. John's. He chose us because he figured we're the least likely he'd ever end up in any other way. But I bet he's kicking himself now. Everyone knows Hamilton is a worthwhile life experience. Not that we aren't... but, I mean, he's going back to Calgary next year. St. John's offers little or no useful experience for the mainland. Hamilton would've been awesome.
     
     
  #2757  
Old Posted Nov 19, 2014, 11:58 PM
BretttheRiderFan's Avatar
BretttheRiderFan BretttheRiderFan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,667
Never been to Newfoundland but I've heard nothing but great things about St. John's. I'm really attracted to the photos of that town. Looks like it'd be a ton of fun.
     
     
  #2758  
Old Posted Nov 20, 2014, 12:21 AM
Delirium's Avatar
Delirium Delirium is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,227

Photo by Dave Roberts https://www.flickr.com/photos/46069415@N00/15825832661/sizes/h/
[img]


Photo by Dave Roberts [url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/46069415@N00/15638306108/sizes/h/[/url
     
     
  #2759  
Old Posted Nov 20, 2014, 12:28 AM
Beedok Beedok is offline
Exiled Hamiltonian Gal
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,798
Very nice Vancouver pics. Those and that Hamilton pic are up in a class that I think deserves a separate thread.
     
     
  #2760  
Old Posted Nov 20, 2014, 12:32 AM
caltrane74's Avatar
caltrane74 caltrane74 is offline
gettin' rich!
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 34,204
That last vancouver pic, ...awesome.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:40 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.