HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #981  
Old Posted Nov 13, 2014, 5:21 PM
Viperlord's Avatar
Viperlord Viperlord is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,900
Record BLD2014-08339:
Residential Building Permit
Box Lofts
255 W 800 S
Salt Lake City


Box Lofts is a new 52 unit development located at 255 West and 800 South. It's U shaped plan has the main entrance facing 800 South. The west wing of the project is a four story volume sitting on top of a concrete private parking structure. The parking structure is located about 4'-8" below grade and provides 27 parking stalls. The east wing of the project is three stories above grade at Washington Street. Building materials incluse fiber cement rain screen panels, pre-finished corrugated metal panels and smooth stucco.

https://aca.slcgov.com/Citizen/Cap/CapDe...92&agencyCode=SLCREF&IsToShowInspection=
     
     
  #982  
Old Posted Nov 13, 2014, 10:18 PM
SLCdude's Avatar
SLCdude SLCdude is offline
Lurker
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 836
Here is a panorama I took from the very top of the City & County Building yesterday: http://bit.ly/1zQLn5I
     
     
  #983  
Old Posted Nov 13, 2014, 10:43 PM
StevenF's Avatar
StevenF StevenF is offline
The Drifter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,172
Very cool pano and love the 360 degree turn around. As long as you are looking north, east and to some extent west everything looks great, and then to look south is extremely disapointing.
     
     
  #984  
Old Posted Nov 13, 2014, 10:57 PM
jedikermit's Avatar
jedikermit jedikermit is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 2,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCdude View Post
Here is a panorama I took from the very top of the City & County Building yesterday: http://bit.ly/1zQLn5I
I saw that on Twitter--was wondering who took that!
     
     
  #985  
Old Posted Nov 13, 2014, 11:58 PM
asies1981 asies1981 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,173
Post on the second phase of the Seasons at Library Square project.
     
     
  #986  
Old Posted Nov 14, 2014, 12:55 AM
Palladio's Avatar
Palladio Palladio is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenF View Post
Very cool pano and love the 360 degree turn around. As long as you are looking north, east and to some extent west everything looks great, and then to look south is extremely disapointing.
Disappointing? I think you mean stunning. As a non-native Utahn, I can't get enough of that view. As a planning student, I sometimes want to yell at people to get over their skyline fetish and appreciate the fact that we can be midrise city with streets that are alive and that is just as valid a future.
     
     
  #987  
Old Posted Nov 14, 2014, 1:00 AM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palladio View Post
Disappointing? I think you mean stunning. As a non-native Utahn, I can't get enough of that view. As a planning student, I sometimes want to yell at people to get over their skyline fetish and appreciate the fact that we can be midrise city with streets that are alive and that is just as valid a future.
I think he meant disappointing in terms of the amount of parking lots/dealerships so close to the downtown area.
     
     
  #988  
Old Posted Nov 14, 2014, 2:53 AM
jubguy3's Avatar
jubguy3 jubguy3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SL,UT
Posts: 984
There was a post on reddit about how we are most likely going to get Google fiber, because of some peer to peer connection with Xmission... I was also under the impressionthat we had completed the fiber checklist. How do you guys feel about this? I know that I'm pretty excited.
     
     
  #989  
Old Posted Nov 14, 2014, 3:15 AM
linguisize's Avatar
linguisize linguisize is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by jubguy3 View Post
There was a post on reddit about how we are most likely going to get Google fiber, because of some peer to peer connection with Xmission... I was also under the impressionthat we had completed the fiber checklist. How do you guys feel about this? I know that I'm pretty excited.
For what it's worth, Pete Ashdown(Xmission owner) chimed into that thread and said the the google connection the guy saw is quite old and has nothing to do with the prospect of google fiber in Salt Lake. So as of now; we're still waiting to hear any news about fiber. None the less; I'm way excited if we end up actually getting google here.
     
     
  #990  
Old Posted Nov 14, 2014, 4:37 AM
EPdesign EPdesign is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by asies1981 View Post
Post on the second phase of the Seasons at Library Square project.
Its kind of a good thing that they didn't allow it but it kinda — too
     
     
  #991  
Old Posted Nov 14, 2014, 5:56 AM
asies1981 asies1981 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,173
They can build up 60 feet under the RO zoning so they could still build a five-story residential unit it will just have to have a larger setback.
     
     
  #992  
Old Posted Nov 14, 2014, 6:12 AM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
Can we have something a bit taller with ground level retail?
     
     
  #993  
Old Posted Nov 14, 2014, 6:37 AM
jubguy3's Avatar
jubguy3 jubguy3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SL,UT
Posts: 984
If it goes over 60 then they'd have to get it approved again.

What streets does it front? If it's not really worth it having retail there then I'd say just have a setback and put in a couple park benches and a fountain and flowers, etc,
     
     
  #994  
Old Posted Nov 14, 2014, 4:06 PM
Makid Makid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,109
Now I know that this may be a far fetched pipe dream at this point but:

http://www.sltrib.com/news/1820977-155/atk-com-company-http-outdoor-recreation

Vista Outdoor HQ is coming to Utah

Quote:
ATK is poised to give state economic development officials two things they really want — a corporate headquarters and a bigger footprint in one of Utah’s targeted industries, outdoor recreation.

The Governor’s Office of Economic Development board helped to satisfy those goals Thursday, offering a tax credit of up to $1.35 million over seven years to Vista Outdoor Inc., an ATK spinoff looking to consolidate management of its 30 outdoor sports and recreation businesses at a single site.

With the state incentive, the company is ready to look seriously at finding a specific location for its facility in Salt Lake, Davis or Weber counties, said Mark DeYoung, a native Utahn who is ATK’s president and chief executive, as well as chairman and CEO of Vista Outdoor.
Quote:
ATK owns 30 well-known outdoor brands, companies such as Federal Premium (sporting ammunition), Bushnell (binoculars and rifle scopes), Primos (hunting products), Savage Arms (rifles) and Champion Target (clay trap-shooting targets). In April, company trustees decided to split them off from ATK’s core aerospace business into a publicly traded company, Vista Outdoor.

DeYoung said top executives from those different businesses will be transferred to the Utah headquarters.

In its incentive application, the company said it will invest about $10 million into a new facility for 90 highly paid executives, whose state wages over the agreement’s seven-year life will amount to $125 million.
Wouldn't it be nice if they picked SLC, particularly 151 South State? This could possibly put 151 on the fast track for construction.

As of now, it is but a far fetched pipe dream but it is nice to think that maybe the 90+ Highly Paid Executives will want to be closer to services, an international airport and transit options for their assistance and other employees. As well as possible housing for themselves.

I am expecting they will pick Ogden or the Ogden area and create a business park HQ but I would still like to dream about this until the announcement is made.

Hopefully I am wrong though and they pick downtown SLC. Time will tell though.
     
     
  #995  
Old Posted Nov 14, 2014, 4:57 PM
ToysNoiz's Avatar
ToysNoiz ToysNoiz is offline
Destroy 200 S. Carl's Jr.
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 745
While I hope they move to downtown, I can easily see them locating to the burbs.
     
     
  #996  
Old Posted Nov 14, 2014, 5:14 PM
brankrom's Avatar
brankrom brankrom is offline
Transit Advocate
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Liberty Wells-- SLC
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysNoiz View Post
While I hope they move to downtown, I can easily see them locating to the burbs.
Well the articles mentions a $10 million dollar investment for 10 years for office space for 90 people. I don't think they could do any new construction of any significance for that money so its likely they will be leasing space. One of my in-laws parents is an ATK employee that just retired from the engineering division but has been enlisted in this project. Maybe I'll talk to my BIL and see what he knows.
     
     
  #997  
Old Posted Nov 14, 2014, 5:24 PM
AllOutOfBubbleGum's Avatar
AllOutOfBubbleGum AllOutOfBubbleGum is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: West Jordan
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by brankrom View Post
Well the articles mentions a $10 million dollar investment for 10 years for office space for 90 people. I don't think they could do any new construction of any significance for that money so its likely they will be leasing space. One of my in-laws parents is an ATK employee that just retired from the engineering division but has been enlisted in this project. Maybe I'll talk to my BIL and see what he knows.
If Mayor Godfrey was still mayor of Ogden I would almost guarantee they end up in Ogden. The main ATK offices for Utah are in Clearfield right now, 90 people may not fit in that building depending on how much space is available in it. I don't know why ATK doesn't move their official head quarters to Utah anyway. Most of their facilities are here and the current CEO is a Utahn and 2 of the VP's are Utahan's and they are building a new Fabrication facility in Clearfield. Plus the munitions testing facility, rocket facility and now the Outdoor division are all here.
     
     
  #998  
Old Posted Nov 15, 2014, 5:02 PM
SL,UT's Avatar
SL,UT SL,UT is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Westshire, WVC
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysNoiz View Post
While I hope they move to downtown, I can easily see them locating to the burbs.
Na, They will probably move to Cottonwood Corporate center or View 72 in Midvale just to make everyone on this board angry!!!!!


     
     
  #999  
Old Posted Nov 15, 2014, 9:15 PM
Comrade's Avatar
Comrade Comrade is offline
They all float down here
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hair City, Utah
Posts: 9,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL,UT View Post
Na, They will probably move to Cottonwood Corporate center or View 72 in Midvale just to make everyone on this board angry!!!!!


Those would be the burbs.
     
     
  #1000  
Old Posted Nov 15, 2014, 10:55 PM
asies1981 asies1981 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,173
Two story mixed-use office/retail coming to Liberty Park intersection.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:51 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.