HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2421  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 7:26 PM
TorontoDrew's Avatar
TorontoDrew TorontoDrew is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 10,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok View Post
oh the shade, the shade of it all! Notice how he does not mention hi-rises!

Montreal is home to some of my favorite modern highrises in the country.


http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8171/8006228295_86c2580f46_b.jpg
     
     
  #2422  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 7:30 PM
Acajack's Avatar
Acajack Acajack is offline
Gros Méchant Loup
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SSP Graveyard
Posts: 72,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoDrew View Post
Montreal is home to some of my favorite modern highrises in the country.


http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8171/8006228295_86c2580f46_b.jpg
Le Château Champlain?
     
     
  #2423  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 7:31 PM
mr.John mr.John is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,021
Quote:
Calgary gets the coveted PER CAPITA () skyline award, no doubt.
Not so fast buckaroo, check out this dump, they even have a Trump tower

http://i.guim.co.uk/static/w-1430/h--/q-...36-4853-aaf8-36f77e5c4b1a-2060x1396.jpeg
     
     
  #2424  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 7:33 PM
Ashok Ashok is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 602
Montreal has a fine set of impressive hi-rise buildings, to dismiss those is simply silly. Either you have no taste in architecture, but more likely, you are simply being mean.
     
     
  #2425  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 7:47 PM
TorontoDrew's Avatar
TorontoDrew TorontoDrew is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 10,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Le Château Champlain?

Yes even Le Château Champlain. It's different and pure 60's that's why I like it.
     
     
  #2426  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 7:54 PM
Calgarian's Avatar
Calgarian Calgarian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 25,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok View Post
oh the shade, the shade of it all! Notice how he does not mention hi-rises!
Why are you so argumentative? We just went through this last week, if you want to rehash it then go back and read those posts, don't keep starting —.
     
     
  #2427  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 7:54 PM
someone123's Avatar
someone123 someone123 is offline
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 36,010
Here's a recent aerial photo of Halifax. Click for bigger version:


Source
     
     
  #2428  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 7:55 PM
Calgarian's Avatar
Calgarian Calgarian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 25,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
People say we have 1 signature tower and I say there are 5 in that shot alone. Suncor is less iconic with the Bow and EAP, but it's still a good looking building, and I love the colour of granite they chose for it, gives it a certain warmth.
     
     
  #2429  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 7:56 PM
MolsonExport's Avatar
MolsonExport MolsonExport is offline
Touching grass everyday.
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Otisburgh
Posts: 51,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoDrew View Post
Yes even Le Château Champlain. It's different and pure 60's that's why I like it.
I love the Chateau Champlain. It grates cheese even better than the Bow.
     
     
  #2430  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 7:58 PM
Ashok Ashok is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 602
The Bow is a tribute to the celery.
     
     
  #2431  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 8:01 PM
Calgarian's Avatar
Calgarian Calgarian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 25,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok View Post
The Bow is a tribute to the celery.
Nice trolling.
     
     
  #2432  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 8:05 PM
Bcasey25raptor's Avatar
Bcasey25raptor Bcasey25raptor is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vancouver Suburbs
Posts: 2,891
I actually quite love Calgary's skyline.

If I had to rank a top 5 in Canada, I'd rank it as follows
1) Vancouver
2) Toronto (these two can reverse depending on the criteria)
3) Montreal
4) Calgary
5) Edmonton
     
     
  #2433  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 8:06 PM
Ashok Ashok is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
Nice trolling.
Making a link to the Bow and celery is not a troll comment nor was it meant as an attact - esp. given the context of the conservation, taking about Chateau Champlain + grates cheese. It was for fun, so relax. and c'mon, you cannot deny that the Bow is shaped like a celery?

FYI, personally, I love the Bow. I find the design to be really impressive. am a big fan of the Bow, I think it is impressive and it reminds me a lot of Commerzbank Tower in Frankfurt.
     
     
  #2434  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 8:08 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is offline
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoDrew View Post
Yes even Le Château Champlain. It's different and pure 60's that's why I like it.
My favourite 60's building in Montreal, hell all of Canada is still Habitat 67. Hardly a high rise though.
     
     
  #2435  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 8:10 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is offline
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
I love the Chateau Champlain. It grates cheese even better than the Bow.
The Bow to me is more of a half pipe I ride in my day dreams.
     
     
  #2436  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 8:15 PM
Calgarian's Avatar
Calgarian Calgarian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 25,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
The Bow to me is more of a half pipe I ride in my day dreams.
Pretty steep half pipe, you must be a better snowboarder than I lol.
     
     
  #2437  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 8:16 PM
Ashok Ashok is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
Here's a recent aerial photo of Halifax. Click for bigger version:


Source
I love this photo.

You know, I used to think Halifax was one of the largest cities in Canada. Before the internet era (not that I am old,) I used to go through our set of britannica encyclopedia to look @ all the city photos, and I guess they had a very impressive set for Halifax.
     
     
  #2438  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 8:16 PM
Calgarian's Avatar
Calgarian Calgarian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 25,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok View Post
Making a link to the Bow and celery is not a troll comment nor was it meant as an attact - esp. given the context of the conservation, taking about Chateau Champlain + grates cheese. It was for fun, so relax. and c'mon, you cannot deny that the Bow is shaped like a celery?

FYI, personally, I love the Bow. I find the design to be really impressive. am a big fan of the Bow, I think it is impressive and it reminds me a lot of Commerzbank Tower in Frankfurt.
My post was in response to the way you keep singling out my posts. I retract my trolling comment though.
     
     
  #2439  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 8:20 PM
Ashok Ashok is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 602
^ I am not picking (or trying to) on your posts... I am just reacting to everybody's post. And I appreciate you retracting your trolling comment.
     
     
  #2440  
Old Posted Nov 10, 2014, 8:26 PM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
Here's the 4th and final aerial I have from Offshoot...


http://www.offshootstudios.com/sample-page/commercialaerial/
People say we have 1 signature tower and I say there are 5 in that shot alone. Suncor is less iconic with the Bow and EAP, but it's still a good looking building, and I love the colour of granite they chose for it, gives it a certain warmth.
Agreed fully.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:03 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.