HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #501  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 2:20 AM
stayinginformed stayinginformed is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 576
Big mixed use development coming to the Hostess/Franz Bakery location on 400 S between 700 and 800 East. Could have up to 300 units.

Here is a link to the article.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/58424130-79/south-400-complex-downtown.html.csp
     
     
  #502  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 2:36 AM
StevenF's Avatar
StevenF StevenF is offline
The Drifter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,172
Quote:
The residential complex, with as many as 300 units, is being built in a partnership between the Boyer Company and Cowboy Partners, a Salt Lake City-based developer specializing in multifamily and mixed-use building across the West.
Boyer please don't let Cowboy Partners have any say in material use on the outside of the building. I would also like to see 3 bedroom units since Cowboy Partners never does anything more than 2 bedroom units. So what I am really saying is use Cowboy Partners money but don't let them make many decisions. And don't call it Liberty....
     
     
  #503  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 2:47 AM
jubguy3's Avatar
jubguy3 jubguy3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SL,UT
Posts: 984
Cowboy partner designers probably use light orange stucco as lube this is a serious issue that needs to be solved WITH DARK BROWN BRICKS THROWN AT THEM
     
     
  #504  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 3:51 AM
jubguy3's Avatar
jubguy3 jubguy3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SL,UT
Posts: 984
Can we get a rundown of all of the projects that are being being built on university boulevard and cesar chaves boulevard?? Right now I know that the encore apartments, the Denver street apartments, the sizzler apartments and some other stuff around library square that I am not familiar with are going in but I think that it would be interesting to see everything else in a list.
     
     
  #505  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 12:20 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,773
Now this is really great news! I just hope they'll design a building worthy of this important lot, and not just another "Liberty So And So". I insist that Boyer & Cowboy Partners have improved their game some, but this particular lot demands a look around the continent for something of an excellent design or at the very least, quality materials...MINIMAL STUCCO!!!

Salt Lake City is at a point where it can emerge as one of America's most beautiful Downtowns or just another 'sprayed on stucco blah' There are a lot of looky-loo people, who frequent this forum and who make these decisions. PLEASE make the right decision on the finish materials. Please, do not slap on an over abundance of the cheap looking, sprayed on stucco.

Just a thought, but wouldn't it be great if they strongly echoed the design and brick of the original Trolley barns (not the brick on Whole Foods) I know not everyone will probably agree, but I'd like to see that neighborhood have a strong sense of the original Trolley Square flavor. FULL FLAVOR, NOT FAUX CHEAP! For me, Trolley Square should expand it's Victorian charm to envelop an entire district that is distinct and truly developed to it's potential. The city fathers should designate certain geographical boundaries and the design parameters within those boundaries. Doing this would stretch both the vibrancy and charm of Downtown to the east and the much needed gathering place to the west for the U. of U. Actually, I have this dream that the U. will someday develop a lower campus of specific disciplines focused around the Light Rail/700 E. 400 S. intersection. That intersection should become a grand plaza on the scale of the greats in Europe.

To truly create the kind of vibrancy that Trolley Square needs, and bring it out of this perpetual cycle of being chronically underdeveloped, of course, we need to construct much higher density residential along with unique retail in the area. But also, develop highly attractive boutique hotel offerings around Trolley Square. Make Trolley a 'must stay' hang out for the 'SKI CITY' Capital of North America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinginformed View Post
Big mixed use development coming to the Hostess/Franz Bakery location on 400 S between 700 and 800 East. Could have up to 300 units.

Here is a link to the article.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/58424130-79/south-400-complex-downtown.html.csp

Last edited by delts145; Sep 18, 2014 at 1:00 PM.
     
     
  #506  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 12:36 PM
jubguy3's Avatar
jubguy3 jubguy3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SL,UT
Posts: 984
Sugarhouse vue was orange but it was also very nice. I'd like to see something like that.
     
     
  #507  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 2:30 PM
EPdesign EPdesign is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinginformed View Post
Big mixed use development coming to the Hostess/Franz Bakery location on 400 S between 700 and 800 East. Could have up to 300 units.

Here is a link to the article.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/58424130-79/south-400-complex-downtown.html.csp
This is really a large lot. I hope its awesome
     
     
  #508  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 3:33 PM
scottharding scottharding is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Now this is really great news! I just hope they'll design a building worthy of this important lot, and not just another "Liberty So And So". I insist that Boyer & Cowboy Partners have improved their game some, but this particular lot demands a look around the continent for something of an excellent design or at the very least, quality materials...MINIMAL STUCCO!!!

Salt Lake City is at a point where it can emerge as one of America's most beautiful Downtowns or just another 'sprayed on stucco blah' There are a lot of looky-loo people, who frequent this forum and who make these decisions. PLEASE make the right decision on the finish materials. Please, do not slap on an over abundance of the cheap looking, sprayed on stucco.

Just a thought, but wouldn't it be great if they strongly echoed the design and brick of the original Trolley barns (not the brick on Whole Foods) I know not everyone will probably agree, but I'd like to see that neighborhood have a strong sense of the original Trolley Square flavor. FULL FLAVOR, NOT FAUX CHEAP! For me, Trolley Square should expand it's Victorian charm to envelop an entire district that is distinct and truly developed to it's potential. The city fathers should designate certain geographical boundaries and the design parameters within those boundaries. Doing this would stretch both the vibrancy and charm of Downtown to the east and the much needed gathering place to the west for the U. of U. Actually, I have this dream that the U. will someday develop a lower campus of specific disciplines focused around the Light Rail/700 E. 400 S. intersection. That intersection should become a grand plaza on the scale of the greats in Europe.

To truly create the kind of vibrancy that Trolley Square needs, and bring it out of this perpetual cycle of being chronically underdeveloped, of course, we need to construct much higher density residential along with unique retail in the area. But also, develop highly attractive boutique hotel offerings around Trolley Square. Make Trolley a 'must stay' hang out for the 'SKI CITY' Capital of North America.
Seconded. Everything you said. I also think "four to six" stories is a bit underwhelming for this plot of land, although I realize that height is sort of what the market is dictating right now, but sooner or later a developer is going to be bold and really make their project stand out. Like the AIR Center is attempting to do.
     
     
  #509  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 4:47 PM
JMK JMK is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 437
I could be wrong but I think the land bewtween ruby river and X wifes place is/was part of the bakery as well

     
     
  #510  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 5:15 PM
Future Mayor's Avatar
Future Mayor Future Mayor is offline
Vote for me in 2019!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,803
You're right that property you highlighted was part of the Bakery. I think Boyer and Cowboy have a chance to create a truly significant development on this site. I echo Delts opinions on having some pieces reflect the Trolley Square look, I also hope that they create an actual N/S Street and even a connecting street to 7th, that are public streets and not gated off.

I hope they front 4th, 5th and 7th in their designs rather than turning it all inward.


I was working on getting my house in selling shape and spent many days doing that over the past little while. On that note if anyone is looking to buy or possibly rent a charming Liberty Park area bungalow, please let me know. I did check in a few weeks ago, and tried to catch up on thread 3, then today I see thread 4, ugh, lots of catching up to do. I hope to once again be a near daily visitor and commenter. I will try to get the CCC condo update done today or tomorrow.
     
     
  #511  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 5:25 PM
Comrade's Avatar
Comrade Comrade is offline
They all float down here
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hair City, Utah
Posts: 9,640
I'm sure it'll be a stucco paradise.
     
     
  #512  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 6:58 PM
brankrom's Avatar
brankrom brankrom is offline
Transit Advocate
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Liberty Wells-- SLC
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4vok View Post
I passed the downtown LaPorte project today. There is definitely no work going on there. What is going on with that project?
Yes, —? I was so excited to see the renders for this project and now we're what? 4 years into it and there're a few concrete floors and girders? Sad. I haven't seen a crane or workers in months.Pretty sure the scary old mall thing with musamiccis was better than what's there now.


Still holding out hope for a completed project but I'm doubting... ...not seeing the state street project listed on their web site except as a picture on their "historic preservation page". Umm, there's nothing there to preserve.
     
     
  #513  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 7:53 PM
scottharding scottharding is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,681
Yeah, I'd love to know what the deal is with the La Porte. Is it still technically the RDA that is in control of this project? We should contact them.
     
     
  #514  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 8:07 PM
Old&New's Avatar
Old&New Old&New is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,537
Perhaps Boyer could develop something like this on their Hostess/Franz Bakery property:

     
     
  #515  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 8:14 PM
StevenF's Avatar
StevenF StevenF is offline
The Drifter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old&New View Post
Perhaps Boyer could develop something like this:

I like this a lot as it gives plenty of space from the sculpture garden, mid block street, retail, green space and will allow for a taller building if they plan on maxing out the total units per acer. You need to send this to both Boyer and Cowboy Partners and if I still worked for Packsize in the main office I would give this directly to them since Packsizes office is in CP's building.
     
     
  #516  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 8:26 PM
scottharding scottharding is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,681
I love the Gilgal Lane.
     
     
  #517  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 8:55 PM
AllOutOfBubbleGum's Avatar
AllOutOfBubbleGum AllOutOfBubbleGum is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: West Jordan
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottharding View Post
I love the Gilgal Lane.
I second that! Gilgal is a awesome place that nobody knows about and there is little access to it.
     
     
  #518  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 8:55 PM
Old&New's Avatar
Old&New Old&New is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenF View Post
I like this a lot as it gives plenty of space from the sculpture garden, mid block street, retail, green space and will allow for a taller building if they plan on maxing out the total units per acer. You need to send this to both Boyer and Cowboy Partners and if I still worked for Packsize in the main office I would give this directly to them since Packsizes office is in CP's building.

Will you send it to them? Thanks! I will send you a larger image.
     
     
  #519  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 9:03 PM
StevenF's Avatar
StevenF StevenF is offline
The Drifter
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 1,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old&New View Post
Will you send it to them? Thanks!
I unfortunately no longer work for that company and don't make my way up to 6440 S. Wasatch Blvd anymore or have a reason to.
     
     
  #520  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 9:06 PM
Old&New's Avatar
Old&New Old&New is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenF View Post
I unfortunately no longer work for that company and don't make my way up to 6440 S. Wasatch Blvd anymore or have a reason to.
Do you have their email addresses? I can send it if i have their email addresses.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:29 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.