It looks like the Air Canada Centre is in the picture too so probably around 2000.
Toronto has come along ways in just 14 years.
I would agree. I used to visit Toronto quite regularly up until the early 2000s. At that time, keeping track of what was going on was not that hard... there were never more than a couple of significant construction projects happening at once.
I don't go as often these days... maybe once every couple of years. But whenever I make it there, it seems as though entire urban neighbourhoods have sprung up since my last visit. The only place I have seen anything like that is in China.
I really like this picture. Calgary's skyline in certain angles is very photogenic.
I'd say it's pretty photogenic from most angles, especially from the north and south as that's where the skyline is the widest. This angle is actually one of my least favourite as it makes the skyline look so small (though it is pretty dense from there). The Beltline is slowly changing this though
So much so that we have a 200m+ tower going up outside the downtown core! You don't see that too often anywhere in North America.
Yeah that is pretty rare, probably just something you get in NYC. Atlanta has some towers outside their downtown, don't know if they approach that height though.