HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Aug 19, 2014, 2:39 AM
jubguy3's Avatar
jubguy3 jubguy3 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SL,UT
Posts: 984
In case anyone wanted to see how we can create a better sense of place on our freeways, I'll post my list of names we could adopt instead of the bland names we have now ( legacy parkway, belt route, 21st south Expwy). Please ignore the interstate designations if you do not like them. It's conceptual, and they are not meant for you this time. I know I've gotten 🞵🞵🞵🞵 for even mentioning this in the past.

Issues include: IOC rights for Olympic Expwy, the fact that we would have to maintain the veterans memorial freeway and Eisenhower freeway designation (can we please just move vets freeway to I-84, it's honestly much prettier and scenic than I-15), the fact that MVC runs miles away from the Oquirrh Bench, and if the east belt should be considered a spur because it never actually connects back to I-15 (I'm not knowledges learned smarts educationated on this)

MVC - I-415 Oquirrh Bench Expressway
21Exw - I-180 Washington Expressway (this has no sense of place... Suggestions for a better name?)
Legacy - I-615 Davis Expwy (post widening, north extension
East Belt - I-515 Olympic Expressway
West Belt - I-215 Jordan Expressway
Veteran Memorial - I-15 Valley Freeway
East Eisenhower - I-80 Canyon Freeway
West Eisenhower - I-80 South Bayshore Freeway
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:30 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.