Quote:
Originally Posted by markbarbera
[Horwath] would be wise to plan her exit from the NDP on her own terms before she gets pushed out.
|
This is what you were saying before the vote. I wonder if any result would have convinced you otherwise. Like you say, the total vote count increased. Her seat count remained the same, against odds.
This was her second election. She consistently rated as the most likeable leader, and by all accounts ran a competent campaign. Holding on to those by-election wins when everyone seemed to be focused on the NDP’s relative advantage in by-elections was a testament to that. I have no idea why the NDP would choose to waste time and resources replacing her, when they could rather have a likeable and competent leader who will soon be the most experienced alternative to the current premiere.
I agree with you on LRT. I can’t imagine it being front of mind for more than a few voters. We’ll talk about it yet more from now until October. I can’t envision us electing any kind of a council very supportive, so it might be tough going.