Using google earth, the Bluffs elevations seem to top off at around 1095 meters and the downtown elevation is 1050 meters. So not the same as Mt-Royal which has an elevation of 230+ meters while downtown is at 40 meters. I agree that the views are gorgeous from there!
The range in elevation in downtown calgary is from 40 meters in the beltline to 1050 meters in Eau Claire? I think you've got your numbers mixed up.
In his first statement he says google earth has a dwnt Calgary elevation at 1040 meters then in the very next statement he says dwnt Calgary has an elevation of 40 meters? Which is it, I don't think there are any elevations in Calgary under 1000m so his Mt. royal numbers for elevation at 230m and dwnt 40m don't make sense.
No, I think he is saying that the bluffs are 40 higher than downtown. The conversation we were having was about Calgary's bluffs being analagous to Mount Royal in Montreal, since they are both singificantly higher than the surrounding terrain and offer amazing views of their respective downtowns.
No, I think he is saying that the bluffs are 40 higher than downtown. The conversation we were having was about Calgary's bluffs being analagous to Mount Royal in Montreal, since they are both singificantly higher than the surrounding terrain and offer amazing views of their respective downtowns.
Sorry thinking of Mount Royal neighborhood in Calgary, makes sense now.