HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted May 9, 2014, 4:13 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
Okay, so I have noticed a big flaw in the Lewvan/#1 overpass and I was wondering if anyone else has as well. If you are heading south on Lewvan and want to go east on the #1, you are supposed to use the loop on the SW corner of the interchange, similar to the Albert/#1 interchange. However, it is actually faster to make a sharp left turn and use the SE corner on-ramp meant for north-bound traffic. I drew a little MS Paint picture to illustrate:



Basically, using the #1 route is about 5-10 seconds quicker than using the #2 route. This is because the on-ramp is basically a straight-line to accelerate the whole way, whereas the loop is limited in speed.

Has anyone else noticed this? It's not an issue at Albert St or any other interchange since those are divided roads, but in this case Lewvan is not divided south of the interchange so you can just make a sharp left turn. So I always use that path now and I can always end up ahead of the vehicles going through the loop. Seems like a silly oversight to make the wrong route faster than the right one.
It is the same at Pasqua and #11 interchange, but they eventually posted a sign making such a maneuver illegal. I am not sure if there is a sign at Lewvan and #1

Pasqua sign: https://www.google.ca/maps/@50.513012,-1...1!3m2!1s3l6ZvMG467G1WdAUKTCFdQ!2e0?hl=en

Edit: what you suggest at Lewvan would be an illegal left turn (crossing double centre line):

https://www.google.ca/maps/@50.394854,-1...1!3m2!1s1UKbSwCk-aS0j8d5ReXKng!2e0?hl=en
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:17 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.