I think the whole Zions Curtain thing has been handled quite poorly by both sides really. I'm not sure how long it's been in place, but really if the anti-curtain crowd hadn't of cried 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 murder right from the get go I bet both sides would of been willing to find a solutions and make it work for both sides. But instead as soon as this thing came about it was nothing but derogatory comment after another about religion and belief etc.
On the other side the Pro-crowd has really just doubled down and does not want to budge because of the attack on their view point and at times very childish attacks.
As far as LDS church involvement: I highly doubt they are actively lobbing legislation of this type (releasing a statement is not Lobbing) But having met some of these politicians I do know they take some things way to literal from Church statements and go way to far. I think the Zion Curtain is one of them.
Listen I don't care about the Zion curtain whether it's there or not. It has benefits and negatives but that's what makes us a state, which we are united in. It is sad we can't get some of the really cool restaurants out there in this state because of it. At the same time I don't care my life is quite enjoyable with or with out it.
I will continue to go to Buffalo Wild Wings and maybe Zaxby when they finally get built. It's not something we should get all tied up about.
But just think of the Gateway having a sports bar area over by the fountain and it being backed with people for the World Cup with a big screen outside showing the US win over Germany