HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #9481  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2014, 3:13 AM
Ramako's Avatar
Ramako Ramako is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
There are planning documents for it somewhere.

good god that is an inaccurate render.. they replace a — with Yonge Dundas, Cabbagetown with Downtown Toronto, and a parking lot with what appears to be wilderness.

Don't forget Allan Gardens, which has somehow been replaced with CityPlace.
     
     
  #9482  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2014, 4:51 AM
uzi's Avatar
uzi uzi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,647
sweet box.
     
     
  #9483  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2014, 5:08 AM
niwell's Avatar
niwell niwell is offline
sick transit, gloria
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Roncesvalles, Toronto
Posts: 11,654
That rendering is mind-blowing. I suppose it makes sense for the developer to make the surrounding area look attractive but wow. Bizarro Toronto is interesting.
     
     
  #9484  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2014, 5:18 AM
Nouvellecosse's Avatar
Nouvellecosse Nouvellecosse is offline
Volatile Pacivist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,368
The building itself I quite like assuming it doesn't magically turn Toronto-condo blue once daylight hits it...
     
     
  #9485  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2014, 8:28 AM
TallBob TallBob is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,135
Dundas Square is a nice tower!
     
     
  #9486  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2014, 10:12 AM
urbandreamer's Avatar
urbandreamer urbandreamer is offline
recession proof
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,656
No it's not. The developer was too cheap to hire an architect.

It will be covered in acres of dreary precast, grey spandrel and grey aluminum mullions and transoms and greenish or greyish hued vision glass.

Last edited by urbandreamer; Feb 2, 2014 at 10:29 AM.
     
     
  #9487  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2014, 3:24 PM
Ramako's Avatar
Ramako Ramako is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbandreamer View Post
No it's not. The developer was too cheap to hire an architect.

It will be covered in acres of dreary precast, grey spandrel and grey aluminum mullions and transoms and greenish or greyish hued vision glass.
Indeed. Page+Steele are probably the worst architects in the city, if not the country. I question the taste and/or integrity of whoever hires them.
     
     
  #9488  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2014, 3:35 PM
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
WhipperSnapper WhipperSnapper is offline
I am the law!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto+
Posts: 22,898
Much, much worst firms in the city than Page + Steele. G+C, RafBig, Kirkor...
     
     
  #9489  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2014, 3:44 PM
Ramako's Avatar
Ramako Ramako is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
Much, much worst firms in the city than Page + Steele. G+C, RafBig, Kirkor...
Perhaps... it's arguable in my opinion, but those three don't really get a tonne of work downtown anyway, whereas P+S has somehow managed to metastasize.
     
     
  #9490  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2014, 5:19 PM
WhipperSnapper's Avatar
WhipperSnapper WhipperSnapper is offline
I am the law!
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Toronto+
Posts: 22,898
Page + Steele is the Toronto firm. They are shadow of their former selves and have been aquired by IBI Group. Still, I don't see anything as bas as Aura from them. Imagine if their half of Cityplace and the waterfront was instead developed through Burka, E.I., and the others already mentioned.
     
     
  #9491  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2014, 7:37 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is offline
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,340
No word on this one yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsJustePourDire View Post
I found this proposal online for the Battery (Not Hotel) and I thought I might share it with you,


Here is the website
http://www.woodfordsheppard.com/album/proposal-for-the-battery?p=1&s=UA-39129363-1#1

Thanks
However, given the location, it'll never happen. Right now that particular area is industrial with residential on the cliffs above. I'd love to see them change it to residential - but if they do, Battery residents would never allow something of this scale to be built in their neighbourhood.

That said, I approve. It's the type of modern I'd like more of here... looks like something they'd build on Fogo Island.
     
     
  #9492  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2014, 8:26 PM
Nouvellecosse's Avatar
Nouvellecosse Nouvellecosse is offline
Volatile Pacivist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,368
Maybe the rendering just needs better detail, but the windows look awfully small for being in such a dramatic setting. You'd think they would want to emphasize the views...

And are there any balconies? I suspect the residents would want to enjoy some outdoor access.
     
     
  #9493  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2014, 11:18 PM
kwoldtimer kwoldtimer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: La vraie capitale
Posts: 26,251
Looks more like a container terminal than a residential development.
     
     
  #9494  
Old Posted Feb 3, 2014, 1:01 AM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is offline
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,340
I'm assuming the coloured panels are also glass? Not sure.

     
     
  #9495  
Old Posted Feb 3, 2014, 6:16 AM
dleung's Avatar
dleung dleung is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,554
For that site, something with terraces would have fitted better.

Example: Evelyn Drive, West Vancouver-
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm2013 View Post
Lots of progress on the condos behind the Park Royal North:



Credit: Me

http://www.vancouver-real-estate-direct.com/blog/images/evelyn-forest-render.jpg
     
     
  #9496  
Old Posted Feb 3, 2014, 6:35 AM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
Wow, that is amazing. I had no idea that was underway! Thanks for sharing Dleung. Also, cool proposal Signal! Is it hotel? or mixed?
     
     
  #9497  
Old Posted Feb 3, 2014, 10:43 AM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is offline
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,340
No idea, Chadillac.

And that's BEAUTIFUL, dleung.
     
     
  #9498  
Old Posted Feb 3, 2014, 10:58 AM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
Alberta now has 3 cities included in our proposals diagram! All with proposals over 100 meters

URL: http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?searchID=62828646
     
     
  #9499  
Old Posted Feb 3, 2014, 4:59 PM
rapid_business's Avatar
rapid_business rapid_business is offline
Urban Advocate
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 6,889
Seems to be missing a bunch of towers proposed and under-construction in Edmonton.
     
     
  #9500  
Old Posted Feb 3, 2014, 6:13 PM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
It is, because they don't have diagrams. If you look closely, the "only drawn structures" option is ticked, and it's only for proposals, not UC buildings.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:00 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.