Quote:
Originally Posted by flipv
Given the absolute disdain for Toronto on this forum, and the passive-aggressive jabs from Acajack, sorry but I think my tone is spot on.
|
I think your rant made some good points.
From what I can gather, however, the level of criticism Toronto receives is proportionate to what the other larger cities in Canada get. I don't have disdain for Toronto; I acknowledge it as Canada's Metropolis.
You certainly don't have to live there to be proud of it (or, at times, embarrassed).
Parts of your post, though, did seem rude to me -- for example, your judgement that the French in Montréal is not actually French.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I suppose...but the opinions I've encountered from a number of Europeans in the francophonie sphere are that the dialects of French in Montréal, and by greater extent the Province of Québec, are old.
Apparently many of the French dialects in Europe have accepted words from other languages more liberally than what you'll hear being spoken amongst les Québécois.