Wow. This is such a brilliant skyline shot, you don't know where to begin falling all over yourself exulting in praise of it.
Toronto doesn't have any magnificent individual towers, but this pic shows that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. The density and variety are delightful. It almost looks like a Lego model! Maybe that has to do with the lighting and the exposure, aka camera wizardry?
It's not just a sea of green glass. And while I'd love to see more non-boxy towers go up, I think Toronto has done the boxy thing quite well. Though more curves and rounded buildings would really be wonderful. What's that wavy one in Sao Paolo? Something like that would be epic here.
I can't get enough of the density, and it's exciting to think that it's going to get even denser. There's still so much space to work with along the lake shore. I can't wait for the Donlands to get built up.
I declare Toronto's skyline totally awesome. I think I personally like it better than Chicago's now. Chicago is obviously legendary, dense and full of epoch-making individual buildings, but Toronto has the "quirky cosmopolitan" thing going on that really speaks to me. Yeah, it's a cliche, but it has become Toronto's defining cliche. And that's a really kewl thing.