HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations



Related Pages:  • Chicago Projects & Construction Forum  • Chicago Highrise Developments Map


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #12381  
Old Posted Dec 8, 2013, 10:46 PM
Buckman821's Avatar
Buckman821 Buckman821 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc5680 View Post
Gensler is doing the work for the attraction, as well as overhauling the interiors and signage. This attraction is much further down the path than the article sort of hints at. Formal announcements are coming shortly and the attraction should be built and running early this spring.
I'm also pretty nervous about this one. This has to be at least somewhat complicated by the fact that the building is condo'd, right?
     
     
  #12382  
Old Posted Dec 8, 2013, 10:54 PM
Ch.G, Ch.G's Avatar
Ch.G, Ch.G Ch.G, Ch.G is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Shawn View Post
The slideshow displayed at the public meeting is available for viewing here


36 floors, but no 13th; so 35 floors total.
1 floor underground
825,000 sq ft of office space
10,000 sq ft retail (includes a restaurant on Randolph St)
only 34 parking spaces- all underground (current surface lot has 150)

We have a official height as well: 551'-0" to top (from elevation drawings)

Phorio Page
Whoa, I forgot this was John Ronan's work. I'm really stoked for them; they definitely deserve a large commission like this. Hopefully more will follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomrQT View Post




So this is the one that won the contest?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
Nope nope nope, messing with the Sears exterior is one thing, but any sort of projection from the JHC will ruin the purity of the tapering design. I am not OK with this. We really need to push to get some of these buildings landmarked. JHC is one of the best buildings ever built IMO and we can't afford to let it be mutilated. I think I heard it said before like this: JHC is to structural expressionism as the Chrysler building is to Art Deco. It's not the biggest or tallest example, but it's damn big and more or less the perfect incarnation of the style.
I agree. Protruding and tilting? It sounds like a — theme park ride.
     
     
  #12383  
Old Posted Dec 9, 2013, 3:00 AM
harryc's Avatar
harryc harryc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 14,941
Chicago & LaSalle - Site Prepped

Dec 3

All clear - all gone.
     
     
  #12384  
Old Posted Dec 9, 2013, 6:03 PM
Vlajos Vlajos is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch.G, Ch.G View Post
Whoa, I forgot this was John Ronan's work. I'm really stoked for them; they definitely deserve a large commission like this. Hopefully more will follow.



Yes.



I agree. Protruding and tilting? It sounds like a — theme park ride.
I like this.
     
     
  #12385  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2013, 12:21 AM
harryc's Avatar
harryc harryc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 14,941
Rice Cube - Dec 6



Deep Sleep(er)


The (elevator) pits.




Ready for tower crane #2
     
     
  #12386  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2013, 4:13 AM
Baronvonellis Baronvonellis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 880
What's the rice cube? A hospital project of some sort?
     
     
  #12387  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2013, 8:01 AM
marothisu marothisu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronvonellis View Post
What's the rice cube? A hospital project of some sort?
Rehabilition Institute. 27 stories, 480 feet at Ontario and McClurg
http://chicago.curbed.com/archives/2013/06/27/with-groundbreaking-mere-days-away.php
     
     
  #12388  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2013, 4:28 PM
harryc's Avatar
harryc harryc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 14,941
Godfrey (Staybridge) - Dec 6

     
     
  #12389  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2013, 4:49 PM
chris11 chris11 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 73
Some pretty good shots of the city in this trailer they've been shooting for a while. Jupiter Ascending

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlgOeYrr-vk
     
     
  #12390  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2013, 5:40 PM
Skyguy_7 Skyguy_7 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,657
^ Very cool. If Mila is in it, I'm there. Also, be on the lookout for Chicago PD and "Crisis", which I saw being filmed at Columbus and Balbo last week, to premier on NBC in early Jan and mid Feb respectively. So much showcasing of our beautiful city
     
     
  #12391  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2013, 8:13 PM
marothisu marothisu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,931
Good news. A building permit was issued for the high rise on the corner of Chicago & LaSalle on Friday for the foundation only ($2.6 million). Here's to hoping construction starts soon!
     
     
  #12392  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2013, 9:55 PM
Skyguy_7 Skyguy_7 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,657
A Christmas Miracle

^Drove past the site 15 minutes ago to see a Revcon rig in place and unloading various drilling/prep equipment. I can post a pic later. Dancing banana.
     
     
  #12393  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2013, 9:57 PM
marothisu marothisu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
^Drove past the site 15 minutes ago to see a Revcon rig in place and unloading various drilling/prep equipment. I can post a pic later. Dancing banana.
Nice! I can see a littttle bit of the site from my apartment (the northern end of it) and noticed some red thing there, but couldn't see more than that. Glad to know things are starting up!

In the same area SpyGuy posted a picture of another 35 story proposal near old Cabrini Green from Fifield (I think). Any more info on that??
     
     
  #12394  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2013, 11:25 PM
ardecila's Avatar
ardecila ardecila is offline
TL;DR
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the city o'wind
Posts: 17,005
I think you're thinking of the Gerding Edlen proposal on Division near Larrabee? Fifield is doing the Tower of Jewel but they're mostly focused on West Loop.
     
     
  #12395  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2013, 11:34 PM
marothisu marothisu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
I think you're thinking of the Gerding Edlen proposal on Division near Larrabee? Fifield is doing the Tower of Jewel but they're mostly focused on West Loop.
Nope, it was basically in the parking lot infront of Le Cordon Bleu on the corner of Orleans & Chestnut. Let me dig through the pages again and see if I can find it. It seems like I'm the only one who even responded to it surprisingly.

EDIT, Here you go. I'd love to know more about this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post
This time Fifield is proposing a 31 story apartment tower with 333 units and retail on the SW corner of Orleans and Chestnut.

Last edited by marothisu; Dec 10, 2013 at 11:44 PM.
     
     
  #12396  
Old Posted Dec 11, 2013, 1:18 PM
Skyguy_7 Skyguy_7 is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,657
Chicago and LaSalle

     
     
  #12397  
Old Posted Dec 11, 2013, 6:41 PM
PerryPendleton PerryPendleton is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 116
Finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
Thank God!

Now.... Let's build in these other River North surface lots!
     
     
  #12398  
Old Posted Dec 11, 2013, 8:11 PM
Chicago Shawn's Avatar
Chicago Shawn Chicago Shawn is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,834
Chicago/LaSalle got a crane permit yesterday for a mobile crane and initial foundation work for the tower crane.
     
     
  #12399  
Old Posted Dec 11, 2013, 11:41 PM
Notyrview Notyrview is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,648
awesome. (lasalle) — — box. git it git it.
     
     
  #12400  
Old Posted Dec 12, 2013, 12:04 AM
wierdaaron's Avatar
wierdaaron wierdaaron is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,012
What's the street frontage/ground floor situation for the Chicago/Lasalle building? I remember the tower but not how it meets the street. Retail/restaurant would be nice.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:53 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.