Quote:
Originally Posted by milomilo
The lessons to be learned from this - dumping passengers from large trains onto small ones is a bad idea, and more importantly - do things right the first time as it will be far more expensive to fix in the future.
Which is why I would support skipping a bus way and building LRT straight away, even if it takes longer. That said, IMO, grade separation of the existing lines should take priority however. Being in a train and waiting at lights for cars is just embarrassing.
|
I totally agree. Welcome to the forum Milo!
I wonder what the cost would be to fully separate the 201 line? Probably not that much when considering just the areas outside of downtown. In conjunction with the 8th Avenue subway($800 million) which we need anyways, the entire project would probably end up around $1 billion. It seems like a lot, but to achieve metro capacity and metro headways on our busiest and longest line(s), it's a pretty reasonable price, in my opinion.