HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2421  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2013, 10:13 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,756
DoTerra World-Wide Campus - PLEASANT GROVE

VCBO ARCHITECTURE...http://www.vcbo.com/doterra-corporate-campus.html











.

Last edited by delts145; Nov 7, 2013 at 11:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2422  
Old Posted Oct 31, 2013, 1:22 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
It's always been my understanding that there's only enough demand in Utah County for one convention center. And since downtown Provo ended up landing the convention center, is there even a need for one in PG? The developer should just buy some land in downtown Provo and develop his hotel there since downtown Provo is now in need for more hotel rooms.

I have to think that for the foreseeable future Thanksgiving Point/Traverse Ridge would make a lot more sense than the location at Pleasant Grove. I mean, the huge ongoing Commercial and Tech buildup there is already a pretty exciting place, with a multitude of things for the visitors to do. The paint isn't even dry at Adobe and Traverse Outlets, and they're already getting ready for major expansions. Of course, Thanksgiving Point is a major regional attraction now. The buildup just seems to keep picking up momentum. Also, you have the straight shot on the new Timpanogos Parkway to spectacular Amercian Fork Canyon. Snowbird and Alta is also close enough to be very convenient.

Last edited by delts145; Nov 5, 2013 at 4:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2423  
Old Posted Nov 3, 2013, 12:21 AM
UV4EVER's Avatar
UV4EVER UV4EVER is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lehi, UT
Posts: 127
I found out about this new residential/commercial development going in west of I-15 in Springville just this week. Looks kinda cool. I think phase one will have 352 residential units. I guess it was from a year ago but they are going to the planning commission this month for re-approval.



http://www.springville.org/administration/files/2012/10/SR-OutlookSiteFinalPlat6.pdf

Last edited by UV4EVER; Nov 3, 2013 at 12:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2424  
Old Posted Nov 4, 2013, 4:24 PM
tygr tygr is offline
Development Junkie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 277
I like seeing development news, especially when it involves locations near where I live.

But, since it is higher density housing, I don't see this one as a very well thought out as it is nowhere near any transit options. The closest public transit is 2.5 miles east of this project at the corner of 400 S and Main.

Springville seems to allow quite a bit of higher density housing out on their west side, but without considering the lack of available public transit. They really need to work with UTA to study the need for a western route through that area.

In August 2012, I emailed UTA a suggested route along Spanish Fork's North Main St. and Springville's 400 South with the argument that it would serve several housing complexes, Maceys, Costco, the municipal airport, the South Utah County Armory, the Utah County Jail, Young Living, Neways, Walmart, the IHC InstaCare, and much more.

I felt that if they didn't add an additional route, it would be a better route than the current one along the very rural UT 51 between Spanish Fork and Springville.
__________________
The only thing worse than being blind is having sight, but no vision.
—Helen Keller
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2425  
Old Posted Nov 4, 2013, 6:56 PM
jtrent77 jtrent77 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr View Post
I like seeing development news, especially when it involves locations near where I live.

But, since it is higher density housing, I don't see this one as a very well thought out as it is nowhere near any transit options. The closest public transit is 2.5 miles east of this project at the corner of 400 S and Main.

Springville seems to allow quite a bit of higher density housing out on their west side, but without considering the lack of available public transit. They really need to work with UTA to study the need for a western route through that area.

In August 2012, I emailed UTA a suggested route along Spanish Fork's North Main St. and Springville's 400 South with the argument that it would serve several housing complexes, Maceys, Costco, the municipal airport, the South Utah County Armory, the Utah County Jail, Young Living, Neways, Walmart, the IHC InstaCare, and much more.

I felt that if they didn't add an additional route, it would be a better route than the current one along the very rural UT 51 between Spanish Fork and Springville.
How far will it be from the future FrontRunner station though?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2426  
Old Posted Nov 4, 2013, 7:24 PM
tygr tygr is offline
Development Junkie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrent77 View Post
How far will it be from the future FrontRunner station though?
If Springville gets a station, two miles minimum just to the rail line. If Spanish Fork's station is the closest one, then five miles.
__________________
The only thing worse than being blind is having sight, but no vision.
—Helen Keller
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2427  
Old Posted Nov 4, 2013, 11:31 PM
UV4EVER's Avatar
UV4EVER UV4EVER is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lehi, UT
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr View Post
If Springville gets a station, two miles minimum just to the rail line. If Spanish Fork's station is the closest one, then five miles.
According to this map, about 1.3 miles.

http://www.mountainland.org/site/downloa...ion_Plan/Maps/2040_MTP_Transit_11x17.pdf
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2428  
Old Posted Nov 5, 2013, 12:34 AM
Future Mayor's Avatar
Future Mayor Future Mayor is offline
Vote for me in 2019!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,803
Even at 1.3 miles, still not walkable and will require residents to drive to the station. But maybe there will be a bus line connecting the Front Runner Station with downtown Springville.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2429  
Old Posted Nov 5, 2013, 4:37 PM
tygr tygr is offline
Development Junkie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by UV4EVER View Post
Um... that map, that MAG used is showing the UTA line using the UPRR line (1500 W) directly through the Intermountain Power Project Rail Car Service Center. The right of way that UTA owns is the one further east (400 W), closer to downtown Springville. This map shows it using the UPRR line until 1600 South when it all of a sudden uses (currently) nonexisting rail to move from one right of way to the other—ignoring the bulk of Springville altogether.

I don't think that map of projections is very accurate.

My understanding is that the biggest obstacle that UTA faces in building the extension south of Provo Station is the need for an immediate crossover bridge so they can get to the right of way they own on the [north and] east side of all the rail yards in Provo and Springville.
__________________
The only thing worse than being blind is having sight, but no vision.
—Helen Keller
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2430  
Old Posted Nov 5, 2013, 4:40 PM
tygr tygr is offline
Development Junkie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mayor View Post
Even at 1.3 miles, still not walkable and will require residents to drive to the station. But maybe there will be a bus line connecting the Front Runner Station with downtown Springville.
Your observations are correct.

This still doesn't address the public transit availability of the multi-unit development posted above. That development is four blocks west of I-15—further west of FrontRunner, and even further west of downtown Springville.
__________________
The only thing worse than being blind is having sight, but no vision.
—Helen Keller
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2431  
Old Posted Nov 5, 2013, 5:05 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,756
delete, wrong thread
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2432  
Old Posted Nov 5, 2013, 7:12 PM
UV4EVER's Avatar
UV4EVER UV4EVER is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lehi, UT
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr View Post
Um... that map, that MAG used is showing the UTA line using the UPRR line (1500 W) directly through the Intermountain Power Project Rail Car Service Center. The right of way that UTA owns is the one further east (400 W), closer to downtown Springville. This map shows it using the UPRR line until 1600 South when it all of a sudden uses (currently) nonexisting rail to move from one right of way to the other—ignoring the bulk of Springville altogether.

I don't think that map of projections is very accurate.

My understanding is that the biggest obstacle that UTA faces in building the extension south of Provo Station is the need for an immediate crossover bridge so they can get to the right of way they own on the [north and] east side of all the rail yards in Provo and Springville.
How did you find out where the line is going to be? Can you give me a credible source? (Obviously mine wasn't reliable) Just curious cuz I would really like to know. Also, does UTA own the land for a station in Springville or Spanish Fork? If so, where is the land? Thanks!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2433  
Old Posted Nov 5, 2013, 8:33 PM
tygr tygr is offline
Development Junkie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by UV4EVER View Post
How did you find out where the line is going to be? Can you give me a credible source? (Obviously mine wasn't reliable) Just curious cuz I would really like to know. Also, does UTA own the land for a station in Springville or Spanish Fork? If so, where is the land? Thanks!
I've got a little egg on my face. Sorry. I honestly thought I had seen that they had the rail line closer to the center of Springville too.

It looks like the map is correct. I found on Wikipedia (FWIW), the future extension plans detail a Springville Station at 1500 W and 400 S. Further down the line it will connect near 1600 S/2700 N (adding a currently nonexistent connection) between the UPRR line to the UTA owned line. My guess is the connection would be built between 1600 S/2700 N and Williams Lane at about 1700 W/Chappel Dr.

I live in Spanish Fork and if you have noticed the rail line that immediately parallels I-15 from about Main St. all the way to Payson, there are signs at some crossings showing that UTA owns that right of way (the former SPRR/Tintic line).

The active UPRR line heading south to Delta is about a half mile further west in Benjamin.

The chatter in city planning, commission, and council meetings has identified a FrontRunner station at the location of 100 South as well as a nearby I-15 Center Street exit. They will vacate the 100 S crossing under I-15 when the Center Street exit opens. If you look at the Google Street View of the railroad crossing at 100 South just west of I-15 in Spanish Fork, you can read the "No Dumping" signs saying "Property of UTA."

My understanding was that they considered having one station for both Springville and Spanish Fork near 1600 S/2700 N. but ultimately decided that they wanted two stations, one at 100 South in Spanish Fork and the other near 400 South in Springville.

NOTE: Where street references refer to both Springville and Spanish Fork, Springville is listed first, then Spanish Fork (e.g. 1600 S/2700 N)
__________________
The only thing worse than being blind is having sight, but no vision.
—Helen Keller
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2434  
Old Posted Nov 5, 2013, 8:45 PM
Future Mayor's Avatar
Future Mayor Future Mayor is offline
Vote for me in 2019!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,803
You are correct on the reason they are waiting until a future date to build Front Runner to Payson, the cost of the flyover ramp, south of Provo Central cannot be justified based on projected ridership at this time.

Having worked with Mountainland while working for Payson I am confident that the map linked above is correct.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2435  
Old Posted Nov 6, 2013, 3:57 PM
UV4EVER's Avatar
UV4EVER UV4EVER is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lehi, UT
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr View Post
I've got a little egg on my face. Sorry. I honestly thought I had seen that they had the rail line closer to the center of Springville too.

It looks like the map is correct. I found on Wikipedia (FWIW), the future extension plans detail a Springville Station at 1500 W and 400 S. Further down the line it will connect near 1600 S/2700 N (adding a currently nonexistent connection) between the UPRR line to the UTA owned line. My guess is the connection would be built between 1600 S/2700 N and Williams Lane at about 1700 W/Chappel Dr.

I live in Spanish Fork and if you have noticed the rail line that immediately parallels I-15 from about Main St. all the way to Payson, there are signs at some crossings showing that UTA owns that right of way (the former SPRR/Tintic line).

The active UPRR line heading south to Delta is about a half mile further west in Benjamin.

The chatter in city planning, commission, and council meetings has identified a FrontRunner station at the location of 100 South as well as a nearby I-15 Center Street exit. They will vacate the 100 S crossing under I-15 when the Center Street exit opens. If you look at the Google Street View of the railroad crossing at 100 South just west of I-15 in Spanish Fork, you can read the "No Dumping" signs saying "Property of UTA."

My understanding was that they considered having one station for both Springville and Spanish Fork near 1600 S/2700 N. but ultimately decided that they wanted two stations, one at 100 South in Spanish Fork and the other near 400 South in Springville.

NOTE: Where street references refer to both Springville and Spanish Fork, Springville is listed first, then Spanish Fork (e.g. 1600 S/2700 N)
No problem! I'm just glad there are other people passionate about South Valley developments like me!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2436  
Old Posted Nov 12, 2013, 7:49 PM
Deek1978's Avatar
Deek1978 Deek1978 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Spanish Fork, UT
Posts: 183
Noticed that dirt has been moving in the vacant lot on Highway 6 in Spanish Fork, adjacent to the Gold's Gym. I'm not entirely sure what it is that will be built there... new restaurant (Lonestar Steakhouse?) *fingers crossed*

Also, there is a hotel being built off of the 1400 North Exit in Springville. It is 4 stories tall. I don't know which chain is building it, if anyone has any info.
__________________
Why is everybody always picking on me?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2437  
Old Posted Nov 15, 2013, 3:10 AM
UV4EVER's Avatar
UV4EVER UV4EVER is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lehi, UT
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek1978 View Post
Noticed that dirt has been moving in the vacant lot on Highway 6 in Spanish Fork, adjacent to the Gold's Gym. I'm not entirely sure what it is that will be built there... new restaurant (Lonestar Steakhouse?) *fingers crossed*

Also, there is a hotel being built off of the 1400 North Exit in Springville. It is 4 stories tall. I don't know which chain is building it, if anyone has any info.
I'm not sure what is going in next to Gold's, although I believe that is all part of the same developed that put in Costco so any number of things could go in there. When they get done with all that its going to be huge and have a ton of stuff! I stumbled upon an awesome PDF that has great info on all that but I can't find it anymore! Anyone else see it? It has info on IHC, Costco, a connection road north into Springville and lots of other things. I wish I could find it right now!

Also, the new hotel in Springville is gonna be a Holiday Inn Express! http://www.springville.org/community-development/files/2012/04/May-2013.pdf
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2438  
Old Posted Dec 12, 2013, 6:49 PM
jtrent77 jtrent77 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 571
Orem approves rezoning for University Mall project
OREM -- Tuesday's action to allow University Mall to begin the first phase of a major redesign did not happen without apprehension by some Orem residents.

A city council vote to change the zone to allow the project was not unanimous. The one dissenting vote came from councilman Hans Andersen, who said he was concerned about future litigation that would bind the city coffers over signage and billboard issues.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2439  
Old Posted Dec 12, 2013, 9:06 PM
Orlando's Avatar
Orlando Orlando is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,132
Fyi, the firm I am with is involved in a 4-story senior care building in downtown Orem. I didn't know there was a downtown, but the building is right off of State and Center, and next to a park.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2440  
Old Posted Dec 12, 2013, 10:27 PM
Wasatch_One's Avatar
Wasatch_One Wasatch_One is offline
Wen Lambo
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Fyi, the firm I am with is involved in a 4-story senior care building in downtown Orem. I didn't know there was a downtown, but the building is right off of State and Center, and next to a park.
It's called Treeo:

http://www.betreeo.com/
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:51 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.