Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan
Anything that gets in the way of you posting is great to me. 
|
why? since I don't recall you posting here much in the past I don't know what your MO is. however, if you prefer that this thread be mainly a cheerleading section for dtla, that I can understand. however, I hope you're not the type who bad mouths aspects of the hood as they see fit....mainly about new projs that in their eyes aren't perfect in some way....& then have the nerve to turn around & become resentful if other types of criticism are expressed.
the average, typical person does notice the things that mojeda points out above, far, far more than whether a new devlpt will win a Pritzker or not. Such ppl also may notice that dt can still be a very quiet place, as is shown in this vid....which also captures shots of the new apt bldg that colemonkee posted a pic of, & also shows the new apt tower & broad museum up on bunker hill....
• Video Link
^ the rather quiet sidewalks will be off putting to some ppl....& that lack of hustle bustle is due in part to the fact that dt still doesn't have as large a population, daytime or 24/7, as would be ideal. An awareness of that....& yes, there still are alot of empty bits of land around the rising onni tower that do need to be filled in asap....& an awareness that many more ppl need to be in dtla round the clock often stand out to me the most when I'm in the hood....looking at it directly & closely & not from a distant, purely theoretical standpoint.
that's why, as far as I'm concerned, the issue of whether new projs are tall enough, or have too much enclosed parking, or a lack of this or that, or a lack of award winning design often gets pushed to the back of the priority list.