Very excited for Comic Con tomorrow. I shook Loue Ferrigno's hand at San Diego comic con a few years back. Great fun. I hope SLC has something to offer.
I would assume that the LDS church would allow 111 SM employees to park at City Creek. Where else would they park? The Walker Center?

I've always thought of the several parking garages downtown as giant eye soars. Each one takes up so much room. The Wells Fargo Center parking garage is the only one that's reasonable!
Parking lots don't get to me as much because it would be easy to plan something there for the future. I think that the parking lot on the corner of State and 400 S. would be a great spot for a future highrise. As I've said before, mid-highrise buildings would look great on the east side of State Street.
Demolishing the Salt Palace is a really bad idea. Because another one would just have to built. But I'm not sure where it would expand. The obvious is to expand over where the AAA center is. I don't think that would be a possibility, though. A Convention Center Hotel isn't even being considered to go there. I don't see the SP being in the same state as it is right now in the next five years. We'll figure out something.