Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageJoe
Thanks for the great shots, Tfreder! I've driven by a few times found the configuration interesting. Do you know how it'll work with the traffic flow? Are buses going to be picking up and dropping off in the new side of the P&R or are people just going to have to trek to and from the existing side?
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spork
I am also interested in the answer to this question. It appears that there is a sidewalk underneath the overpass- perhaps it links to the other side? I'm surprised that they didn't just make a crosswalk across KGB.
|
The buses will still be using the current loop; the expansion only includes parking stalls.
The road under the KGB overpass is the main link between the current lot and the new one. This is how people will walk to the bus stop. Currently, there's no way for people to walk across KGB from the new lot because the entire parking lot is surrounded by a large black fence.
I forgot to mention this, but the on-ramp that connects southbound KGB to highway 99 southbound includes what I assume to be a one-way connection to the new lot.