Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot
Actually, they already have been in Regina for many years.
|
Yes! Thanks Skydive! Sorry! That's also what I meant!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutopian
Saskatoon's eleven Starbucks locations more than makes up for it. 
|
Heh! ... Different people, different feelings! On one hand, that's great for Starbucks lovers (myself, included! ...) On the other hand, our one-Starbucks town of Regina (ONE location, due to some union vs non-union squabble in the distant past! Also, sans the locations at Safeways, because the atmosphere is so different!) means some decent, independent/small chain/franchise coffee places have been able to develop their niches without any more competition (mostly just Tim Horton's here) dragging at them! But, I thought I heard Starbucks staff in Regina wanted to de-unionize some time ago. Is that happening? Did that happen? Is any of that true?

On an aside, what's going to happen to some of those Starbucks locations in the Safeways that might close if Sobeys takes over them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutopian
Grand opening for Circle Drive South will be July 31
|
Can't wait to get back up there to try out all these new roadways and eateries, someday! I notice, each time I'm able to visit Saskatoon, the traffic gets busier and busier! Still, traffic moves a lot better than that on the Don Valley Parking Lot (Parkway) -- and other freeway stretches -- at some times in T.O.!