HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #721  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2012, 6:05 PM
CtrlAltDel CtrlAltDel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
This one is actually very close to the other rendering Brookfield included in the DP, maybe just offset a little more to the SW than the one I saw. I'd say you're pretty much bang on with the depiction of the height from that view though.
Sadly, HS height is barely noticeable from most angles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisher Account View Post
CtrlAltDel, did you get your hands on some new official renders?
No, just from what I've heard, and what we've seen. I hope the official renders are released soon so we have a clearer view of the roof and crown.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #722  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2012, 6:07 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is offline
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,242
Sadly I figured it wouldn't be noticeable from most angles. 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 accountants doing the bare minimum to attain the title of new tallest. They weren't even original either since it's just the exact same height the Bow was originally proposed as.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #723  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2012, 6:07 PM
Doug's Avatar
Doug Doug is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 10,046
Would HS really have that big a floor plate? I was expecting it to look much slimmer than SEC or the Bow.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #724  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2012, 6:13 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is offline
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Would HS really have that big a floor plate? I was expecting it to look much slimmer than SEC or the Bow.
It's rectangular. They just had to show the fat side from the N/S elevations. Why is it most buildings DT do this? Is it for maximum sun exposure?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #725  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2012, 7:30 PM
Calgarian's Avatar
Calgarian Calgarian is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 25,223
I think the fact that it won't be obviously the tallest might be a good thing. The Bow will be the jewel in our skyline's crown and that's definitely a good thing.
__________________
Git'er done!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #726  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2012, 8:54 PM
Wooster's Avatar
Wooster Wooster is offline
Round Head
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,689
Balances the Bow nicely. Just need that 1000 footer on the iol site.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #727  
Old Posted Dec 11, 2012, 5:50 AM
craner's Avatar
craner craner is offline
Go Tall or Go Home
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 7,418
^Exactly.

Love the night time render especially. Sure hope the 2nd phase of CC starts construction before the first phase finishes.
Great work as always CAD.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #728  
Old Posted Dec 11, 2012, 7:35 AM
TallBob TallBob is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,135
I'll be in my grave by the time we get a 1000 footer!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #729  
Old Posted Dec 11, 2012, 4:01 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is offline
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBob View Post
I'll be in my grave by the time we get a 1000 footer!
Then you'll rise up as an angry ghost to haunt the developer that waited so long!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #730  
Old Posted Dec 11, 2012, 5:57 PM
JBinCalgary's Avatar
JBinCalgary JBinCalgary is offline
Original Member since '99
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,634
Great Renderings!!
Ctrl. Did you allow Optiko Eyewear to use your images? I was in there (sunridge mall) getting some glasses and they had one of your original renderings as their wallpaper? I could tell it was yours because it had the old rendering for pennylane.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #731  
Old Posted Dec 11, 2012, 9:36 PM
CtrlAltDel CtrlAltDel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinCalgary View Post
Great Renderings!!
Ctrl. Did you allow Optiko Eyewear to use your images? I was in there (sunridge mall) getting some glasses and they had one of your original renderings as their wallpaper? I could tell it was yours because it had the old rendering for pennylane.
Had no idea. Was it this one?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #732  
Old Posted Dec 11, 2012, 9:40 PM
Witty Nickname's Avatar
Witty Nickname Witty Nickname is offline
Look up, Waaaaaay up
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary
Posts: 2,348
Sue them stealing 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵!!!
__________________
I am Calgarian!
My photos on Flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #733  
Old Posted Dec 11, 2012, 10:35 PM
Surrealplaces's Avatar
Surrealplaces Surrealplaces is offline
Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cowtropolis
Posts: 20,269
Yup, looks almost exactly like the rendering we saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
This one is actually very close to the other rendering Brookfield included in the DP, maybe just offset a little more to the SW than the one I saw. I'd say you're pretty much bang on with the depiction of the height from that view though.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #734  
Old Posted Dec 11, 2012, 11:08 PM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
Had no idea. Was it this one?
That render is awesome. Makes Calgary look like a seriously futuristic city. Like a precursor to the Sky Cities in the Jetsons!
__________________
Strong & Free

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #735  
Old Posted Dec 11, 2012, 11:27 PM
JBinCalgary's Avatar
JBinCalgary JBinCalgary is offline
Original Member since '99
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,634
I believe thats the one!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #736  
Old Posted Dec 12, 2012, 8:33 AM
TallBob TallBob is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,135
That render has a much taller version of the Bow, which I like. It also has the 2 building proposal for the "Exchange" site. I loved that proposal (65 & 55 floors) if I remember.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #737  
Old Posted Jul 6, 2013, 5:00 AM
Wooster's Avatar
Wooster Wooster is offline
Round Head
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,689
Alright CtlAltDel - get on it! I want to see Telus Sky in this view!

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #738  
Old Posted Jul 8, 2013, 4:14 AM
CtrlAltDel CtrlAltDel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 741
Here is a quick stab at it. My photoshop (and my renders) are at home, which I still cannot go back to for a few weeks, but this gives a rough idea...

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #739  
Old Posted Jul 8, 2013, 5:00 AM
TallBob TallBob is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,135
Good work CtrlAltDel. Shows pretty well... Now to get some of these bigger projects off the drawing boards and start the actual construction!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #740  
Old Posted Jul 8, 2013, 5:03 AM
Wooster's Avatar
Wooster Wooster is offline
Round Head
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,689
Nice
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:52 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.