HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #701  
Old Posted Jun 10, 2012, 4:54 AM
TallBob TallBob is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,135
I really hope Kings on 4th gets built!! I just hope the developer does'nt "wimp" out and chop the height down.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #702  
Old Posted Jun 10, 2012, 5:08 AM
craner's Avatar
craner craner is offline
Go Tall or Go Home
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 7,418
^Amen to that brother.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #703  
Old Posted Jun 10, 2012, 4:24 PM
Cruzer Cruzer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBob View Post
I really hope Kings on 4th gets built!! I just hope the developer does'nt "wimp" out and chop the height down.
The new version I'll definitely take. I like the lighted "crown horns" at the top. If they turn out to be off most of the time (transcanada tower) or they decide not to respond to any malfunctions, *COUGH ARRIVA*, I will be ticked. Hope to see it go ahead though
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #704  
Old Posted Aug 22, 2012, 12:25 PM
Dylan Leblanc's Avatar
Dylan Leblanc Dylan Leblanc is online now
Website Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 9,598
I took one of AB Born's photos from the Calgary Tower and chopped-in Herald Square.

AB Born, I hope you don't mind



Original photo thread (really good too!) - http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?p=5805263
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #705  
Old Posted Aug 22, 2012, 4:25 PM
Innersoul1's Avatar
Innersoul1 Innersoul1 is offline
City of Blinding Lights
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,676
That's awesome! I know that Herald Square isn't widely loved but there is something classic about it. I hope that whatever Brookfield comes up with has some nice design flare to it!
__________________
Sweet dreams are made of cheese. Who am I to diss a brie?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #706  
Old Posted Aug 23, 2012, 5:26 AM
TallBob TallBob is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,135
Yep!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #707  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2012, 1:49 AM
CtrlAltDel CtrlAltDel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 741
Been a while!

Here are some new ones, there will be more to come.

A shot from the south, looking north. 225 Sixth, the new proposed tallest is there, with a few others:



A closer view from the south, with the 6 biggest towers in the city:



A view from the North, overlooking the Bow.


Just for fun, what it could look like looking up at 225 Sixth complex, Suncor and the Bow.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #708  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2012, 1:50 AM
shogged's Avatar
shogged shogged is offline
someone
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 453
awesome, its been a long time! looks fantastic
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #709  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2012, 1:55 AM
sync's Avatar
sync sync is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,755
Magnificent! Especially the night pano
__________________
You will never get the crowd to cry Hosanna until you ride into town on an ass.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #710  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2012, 1:56 AM
Jimby's Avatar
Jimby Jimby is offline
not a NIMBY
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 8,796
those are great to see! thanks CtrlAltDel!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #711  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2012, 2:13 AM
Acey
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Awesome renders!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #712  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2012, 2:40 AM
Witty Nickname's Avatar
Witty Nickname Witty Nickname is offline
Look up, Waaaaaay up
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary
Posts: 2,348
I love this thread being bumped.

Thanks buddy!
__________________
I am Calgarian!
My photos on Flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #713  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2012, 2:48 AM
floobie floobie is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 474
The north view is excellent. I like the impact 3 Eau Claire has from that view. I quite like that one... pretty daring for Calgary.

Many thanks!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #714  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2012, 5:33 AM
Cruzer Cruzer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 170
Wow! Density! Looking slick - north view is something else with all the blue-glass lined up left to right. Dare I say we're in the big leagues now?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #715  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2012, 1:42 PM
CtrlAltDel CtrlAltDel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 741
Thanks guys!
I'd say we're looking pretty big league now, and even bigger league in the near future
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #716  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2012, 2:47 PM
Bigtime's Avatar
Bigtime Bigtime is offline
Very tall. Such Scrape.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
A shot from the south, looking north. 225 Sixth, the new proposed tallest is there, with a few others:
This one is actually very close to the other rendering Brookfield included in the DP, maybe just offset a little more to the SW than the one I saw. I'd say you're pretty much bang on with the depiction of the height from that view though.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #717  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2012, 3:40 PM
Luk_o's Avatar
Luk_o Luk_o is offline
Traditional Ale User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ramsay,CGY
Posts: 446
Fantastic CtrlAltDel!

The night view from the north looks awesome. Just imagine the addition of a 350m tower on the former IOL site
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #718  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2012, 4:20 PM
O-tacular's Avatar
O-tacular O-tacular is offline
Fake News
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 26,261
Wow! Awesome work as always CAD. Looks better from the north than I had imagined it would. Dammit I still wish they'd had the balls to go a bit taller so it was at least head and shoulders above the rest of DT. Like 850'. But still not too shabby.

PS> Nice East Village addition of Fuse, Evolve and First in that second last rendering.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #719  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2012, 5:30 PM
The Fisher Account's Avatar
The Fisher Account The Fisher Account is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bridgeland - Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,023
CtrlAltDel, did you get your hands on some new official renders?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #720  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2012, 5:55 PM
freeweed's Avatar
freeweed freeweed is offline
Home of Hyperchange
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dynamic City, Alberta
Posts: 17,568
As I suspected, the only real view that HS stands out is from the north.

Excellent work as always, C-A-D!
__________________
Suburbs are the friends with benefits of the housing world.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:41 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.