Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus
I wonder how effective of a Road Road 2.0 it will be now that we know it's so far south? I can't see it being any quicker than dealing with Vic East/Ring Rd. I guess time will tell!
|
Better than the current one. It has no at grade intersections and will be 4-lane 110km/h where as Vic (part of the bypass) is littered with lights and has at points a 70 km/h speed limit. With the scope of the high-speed ramps at the two major interchange points east and west of the city this will facilitate MUCH larger traffic flow for a MUCH longer period.
Also with regards to #6 and the new bypass, I would imagine something where the bypass continues over unimpeded, however will be similar in design to the College / Circle Drive interchange in Saskatoon. A modified loop design. With two lights one each way to control turning traffic, and a through arrow to allow free movement once past that point.
It can be done well to allow Truck traffic easy access from 6 to the new bypass, and I could be dead wrong they may want a full service interchange. As Hwy 6 south is getting more and more busy with shipping and the oil business. Might be advantageous to go ahead and do it now. Looking forward to seeing the functional planning drawings though in a few months!