A few quick updates from a walk I took today...
At the corner of Lorne and 11th, the work seems to actually be progessing at a very quick pace (especially considering the amount of rain-days we had recently):

That whole intersection was a torn up mess a few days ago.
The new addition/hall being built onto St. Paul's Cathedral downtown:

(My apologies for the finger that got in the way; I'm too lazy to crop it... stupid cell phone cameras)
And a few of the Capital Pointe site... The board sections closest to the two buildings (NCO Building and Bregg Drycleaning) are painted white, so I assume the rest will be too:
It really does seem like the new ownership group is rather serious/gung-ho on this project. As sceptical as I am now, if I continue to see progress like I'm seeing, they'll make a believer of me yet.
It also makes me wonder if they will want to try and develop more properties in Regina, since something that is well-organized and not plagued with delays can actually be fairly successful (CSP, GoR).