HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley


    Station Square V in the SkyscraperPage Database

• Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Burnaby Skyscraper Diagram

• Map Location

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #361  
Old Posted May 24, 2013, 2:50 AM
Waders Waders is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-paladin View Post
The rear building is having so much of the walls removed that it looks even more severe than the former Sears building / 725 Granville. If I didn't know better, I would think it's being demolished.
I walked by the site today. A tiny bulldozer was moving around at the 2nd floor of the building and removed another big portion of the outer wall. So it looks like at the end of the glutting only the bare metal structure will remain.
Based on the model I saw in the Sales Office, the outer wall will be replaced by glass panel?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #362  
Old Posted May 25, 2013, 12:37 AM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,792
Here's a pic of that model:


http://www.homesanddesign.ca
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #363  
Old Posted May 25, 2013, 2:41 AM
Waders Waders is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Here's a pic of that model:


http://www.homesanddesign.ca
Thanks for the photo.

Follows is a photo I took today. Workers started to pour concrete to the phase 1 building foundation. What is the scheduled completion date for phase 1? The developer seems to be in a hurry.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #364  
Old Posted Jun 1, 2013, 6:51 AM
vanman's Avatar
vanman vanman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 6,487
What's left of the parkade is now closed to the public aside from the ground level. I was hoping to get a few shots from the roof again but that won't be possible anymore.Anyway I took these pics from the top of the emergency exit stairs on the western side of Metrotown.





Last edited by vanman; Jun 1, 2013 at 9:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #365  
Old Posted Jun 1, 2013, 10:39 PM
Jimbo604 Jimbo604 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman View Post
What's left of the parkade is now closed to the public aside from the ground level...

Ironically (for the time being) there's this huge multi-level parking lot and not shops for the drivers to shop at.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #366  
Old Posted Jun 3, 2013, 2:19 AM
Klazu's Avatar
Klazu Klazu is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Above Metro Vancouver clouds
Posts: 10,408
Man, the construction site is huge!

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #367  
Old Posted Jun 3, 2013, 3:41 AM
red-paladin red-paladin is offline
Vancouver Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 3,626
Wow!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #368  
Old Posted Jun 3, 2013, 4:48 PM
vanman's Avatar
vanman vanman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 6,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo604 View Post
Ironically (for the time being) there's this huge multi-level parking lot and not shops for the drivers to shop at.

Actually TD Bank and a few other shops are still open and only the lower level of the parkade is accessible to the public.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #369  
Old Posted Jun 3, 2013, 6:03 PM
Chadillaccc's Avatar
Chadillaccc Chadillaccc is offline
ARTchitecture
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cala Ghearraidh
Posts: 22,842
Excavation must be nearly complete. Wow!
__________________
Strong & Free

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #370  
Old Posted Jun 5, 2013, 1:04 AM
Freeform Freeform is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 35
Okay, so I am the surveyor/detailer/layout/supervisor for the formworker on this project. If any of you have any questions about the project ect. I will do my best to answer when I have time. I just finished the foundation for the Solo District so I can probably answer some questions for that project as well. FYI we will be standing the first of two tower cranes for this phase tomorrow Wednesday June 5th starting at 5am.

Matt
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #371  
Old Posted Jun 5, 2013, 1:33 AM
thomasdew_92 thomasdew_92 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4
I am very impressed with this development. One reason is nearly every unit looks to have an amazing view. There are other reasons, too.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #372  
Old Posted Jun 5, 2013, 1:55 AM
SFUVancouver's Avatar
SFUVancouver SFUVancouver is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 6,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeform View Post
Okay, so I am the surveyor/detailer/layout/supervisor for the formworker on this project. If any of you have any questions about the project ect. I will do my best to answer when I have time. I just finished the foundation for the Solo District so I can probably answer some questions for that project as well. FYI we will be standing the first of two tower cranes for this phase tomorrow Wednesday June 5th starting at 5am.

Matt
Welcome to the forum Matt. Thanks for the generous offer to keep us up to date and answer the questions we may pose.

You may not be able to address any questions tonight if you've got tower cranes going up at 5am tomorrow, but here's a few to get us rolling:

-Could you tell us anything about the type of formwork that will be used for Station Square?
-Will the considerable height and concentration of towers require collision avoidance equipment on the tower cranes?
-How many tower cranes will be employed for the project?

Thanks in advance.
__________________
VANCOUVER | Beautiful, Multicultural | Canada's Pacific Metropolis
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #373  
Old Posted Jun 5, 2013, 2:06 AM
Metro-One's Avatar
Metro-One Metro-One is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Japan
Posts: 18,025
What are the official heights of these towers?????? I have the first phase, and have estimated the remainder, but would love to know the actual!
__________________
Bridging the Gap
Check out my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/30634635@N03/with/29495547810/ and Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV0_0h9qKlhxXFxuAey_q6Q
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #374  
Old Posted Jun 5, 2013, 2:35 AM
red-paladin red-paladin is offline
Vancouver Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 3,626
Welcome to the forum Freeform and thomasdew_92.
We appreciate your input!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #375  
Old Posted Jun 7, 2013, 12:44 AM
Freeform Freeform is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFUVancouver View Post
Welcome to the forum Matt. Thanks for the generous offer to keep us up to date and answer the questions we may pose.

You may not be able to address any questions tonight if you've got tower cranes going up at 5am tomorrow, but here's a few to get us rolling:

-Could you tell us anything about the type of formwork that will be used for Station Square?
-Will the considerable height and concentration of towers require collision avoidance equipment on the tower cranes?
-How many tower cranes will be employed for the project?

Thanks in advance.

-Okay, so as of right now we will be using both conventional(wood) and modular(metal) formwork for the parkade levels. Larger columns in the parkade usually get modular formwork as it can withstand high head pressures. The core will be conventional gang-forms for the parkade and we may switch to modular for the tower but that hasn't been finalized yet. Column forms for the tower will be conventional wood forms.

-We use what's called an overlapping crane procedure. The low crane always has the right of way and the operators communicate on their own "crane to crane" frequency and must let the other operator know when they are entering the overlap area.

There will be two cranes servicing site 4(phase 1). The pecco sk 180 was erected yesterday and the pecco sk 170 is currently scheduled to go up on June 18th. The second cranes jib will initially extend into the tower footprint and will be shortened as the tower approaches it's height. I can really only comment on the first two phases as I don't have the drawings for the rest of the development, but I can say that as the phases overlap there may be as many as 5 tower cranes standing at one time.

Matt
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #376  
Old Posted Jun 7, 2013, 12:48 AM
Freeform Freeform is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
What are the official heights of these towers?????? I have the first phase, and have estimated the remainder, but would love to know the actual!

I don't have the drawings for the other phases so unfortunately I wouldn't be able to answer that question. I can tell you what ever you'd like to know about the first tower (site 4) and the future shop/theater reno (site1). At which point I receive IFC drawings for the following phases I'll let you guys know.

Matt
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #377  
Old Posted Jun 7, 2013, 2:04 PM
SFUVancouver's Avatar
SFUVancouver SFUVancouver is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 6,728
Hello Matt/Freeform. Thank you for the detailed replies to my questions. I am moving back to Vancouver in the coming weeks and I look forward to seeing the Station Square project rise in the months and years ahead.
__________________
VANCOUVER | Beautiful, Multicultural | Canada's Pacific Metropolis
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #378  
Old Posted Jun 7, 2013, 9:14 PM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,792
Thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #379  
Old Posted Jun 7, 2013, 9:52 PM
Metro-One's Avatar
Metro-One Metro-One is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Japan
Posts: 18,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeform View Post
I don't have the drawings for the other phases so unfortunately I wouldn't be able to answer that question. I can tell you what ever you'd like to know about the first tower (site 4) and the future shop/theater reno (site1). At which point I receive IFC drawings for the following phases I'll let you guys know.

Matt
Thank you, any idea when you may be able to see them for the second tower?
__________________
Bridging the Gap
Check out my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/30634635@N03/with/29495547810/ and Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCV0_0h9qKlhxXFxuAey_q6Q
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #380  
Old Posted Jun 8, 2013, 3:32 AM
Waders Waders is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,361
Photos I took today.

1st crane erected.


Foundation work?
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:53 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.