Quote:
Originally Posted by red_179
It seems to me that there is a limited demographic of people interested in living downtown, mostly single young professionals, married couples with no children, or empty nestors. I wouldn't expect many families with children would want to live downtown because of the lack of good schools, safety concerns, etc.
|
Exactly the demographic I'm referring to as well. It is limited, yes, but you need to start somewhere. Its still way too easy and affordable to get a 'family' house in this city, so I wouldn't expect families for a long time. However, the list you put out there as well as investors looking for condos they can rent out to whomever, students sharing a place... imagine 2 students renting one of those condos, sharing the expenses, enjoying the amenities, why not? Thats how I started off... and it sure is nice to split all those 'other' bills (hydro, internet, phone) down the middle. Well maybe not phone anymore... who has a landline???