HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations



Related Pages:  • Los Angeles Projects & Construction Forum  • Los Angeles Highrise Developments Map


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted May 6, 2013, 9:34 PM
Vangelist Vangelist is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 678
It's too close to the residential buildings. There's something really voyeuristic about that location, it's unnerving to me. Walking past it last week I again got the sensation that it's private property that will be turning public; hundreds of people can potentially be watching you hang out in that park from the lurid privacy of their bedrooms any time you're there

If I had kids, I would not want them to play in that park alone if this was 2002 and downtown was more zombiefied, more abandoned. Because a child molester living in the El Dorado or the Rowan could easily kidnap and ... yeah you get my point

Vista Hermosa is supposed to be a gorgeous downtown-adjacent park, but I've never been there. And then there's the massive Cornfields next to Chinatown, and more areas being zoned close to the river. But how many people, how many of you ever even go to either of these two? Does DTLA really have that much of a shortage of parks or just does a bad job of marketing the ones it already has? Since it's been cleaned-up relatively speaking I even consider MacArthur Park a successful "downtown" adjacent park. It still just doesn't feature that many white people, so it's considered shady
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:59 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.