HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted May 6, 2013, 6:19 PM
mrjanejacobs's Avatar
mrjanejacobs mrjanejacobs is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 460
Re this proposal - I'm indifferent. I haven't seen the renderings so I have no reason to be enthusiastic. However, in terms of 'urban rejuvenation' I hesitate - one or two buildings won't constitute urban rejuvenation (and I really don't think these two will do much).

Urban rejuvenation requires a master-plan and it's usually a concerted effort initiated by a local government or community group.

MIX and all that has a lot more potential to be a game-changer for Duckworth, but it's still not rejuvenation. There aren't even plans for commerce in any of the buildings there. So there's no reason to assume pedestrian traffic will substantially increase (apart from the new residents).
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:52 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.