Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects
So overall it's just another office park and strip malls with tons of parking lots? I was hoping for more of a "Daybreak" type of development.
|
Well it's hard to say because this is all conceptual at this point. However, I don't think it will just be another office park w/ strip malls.
First off, Vinyard is a sleepy community with roughly 500 residents currently and isnt really suitable for prime residential. The project flanks the main North/South transportation corridor in Utah Valley at one of the valley's most narrow spots (I-15 between 800N and 1600N in Orem). There are a number of main transportation corridors that also feed into the area, FrontRunner, State Rd 52 (800 N) State Rd 114 (Geneva Rd.)
In short, I think the parcel of land is completely different from Daybreak, which is why it's a different type of project. A lot of the land was a steel mill for 50+ years and was contaminated during the steel days and can only support light industrial development.
It will be interesting to see how it all comes together. The accessibility is probably the best single location anywhere in the county.