Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmatt
Well honestly I agree with you, but the fact is people usually buy a new camera only every 5-10 years...and TVs around the same (if that)
|
I have to disagree a bit there...I just had to travel to Halifax to Henry's to buy the lens I wanted last weekend, Future Shop didn't have it, Ivan's didn't have it (certainly no one beyond those two in this city would have it).
It's also not just about buying camera's...bags, flashes, lenses, tripods, memory cards, reflectors, light stands, soft boxes, umbrellas...and most of all...knowledge! Certain employees in FS for example are knowledgable about products and technique...others stare at you like you have two heads when you ask them a technical question.
I agree with Norshorer...so happy to see things like the Olive Store...and still ticked Henry's fell through here.
To be honest...the thing that draws me to a city like Halifax is not the malls, or the franchises...it's the specialty shops like a Henry's. It's the cool little one off stores down town that you don't see elsewhere like "The Black Market", "Little Mysteries", etc...we need more of that here.
JL