Quote:
Originally Posted by whyteknight
It has a ways to go. Still uncovered OSB for the most part.
And I agree with those who are hating on the street interaction of this thing. I am truly sick and tired of this suburban scheme being implemented for so many of these centrally located mid-density residential projects. Just because the surrounding late 90s early 2000s sh!t was poorly designed for its location doesn't make it acceptable to keep going with this model.
Why does the fact that it's 'tucked away' justify not having to animate the street or give back to the community whatsoever? It's only a block off an up and coming commercial drag. IMO it's streets like this that have the potential to utilize and build upon the excitement of a 124th street to create a layered district around it; an urban neighbourhood with a richness that offers more to its residents than say the medium density wastelands that surround Mill woods Town Centre.
|
I think the main issue is that there is no distinction between the main floor and the upper floors of the building. While there are individual accesses from the ground floor units to the street there are no details to differentiate these units from the rest of the building.
As for materials, its obvious that acrylic stucco is going to be used throughout. I don't have any issues with acrylic stucco as long as there isn't too much of it. There are other materials that provide some animation to the facade, but I can't tell what they will be (architectural panel system?).