HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #6041  
Old Posted Feb 20, 2013, 11:09 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
This interchange is identical to the full build-out proposed at Pinky and #1 Highway, just have to think E-W direction in this view is N-S in our condition and you get the look.

https://maps.google.ca/?ll=39.865068,-84.189413&spn=0.015745,0.026157&t=h&z=16
That's a lot of overpasses. I think I count 8 in one interchange. What wiill that cost?
     
     
  #6042  
Old Posted Feb 20, 2013, 11:18 PM
North_Regina_Boy North_Regina_Boy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Regina, SK (formerly Saskatoon)
Posts: 1,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
That's a lot of overpasses. I think I count 8 in one interchange. What wiill that cost?
No idea, but at 30M on average for a regular interchange I would say the two needed for the Regina Bypass would be in the area of 240-300M
     
     
  #6043  
Old Posted Feb 20, 2013, 11:24 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Regina_Boy View Post
No idea, but at 30M on average for a regular interchange I would say the two needed for the Regina Bypass would be in the area of 240-300M
Lewvan was $34 million in 2009 dollars for a very simple interchange. I would think the one at Pinkie and Highway 11 will be of the simpler sort.
     
     
  #6044  
Old Posted Feb 20, 2013, 11:33 PM
Mike328 Mike328 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 262
Possible new dorms for the University of Regina?

Found on ReedConstructionData:
Quote:
http://www.reedconstructiondata.com/project-leads/sample-leads/2013/02/12/9157662/

PROJECT OVERVIEW
Last Updated: 2013-02-12
Phase: Planning Phase
Stage: Negotiated/planning
Status:
Start Date: 2013-07-31
Estimated Value: $70,000,000 (a more accurate cost estimate is available from RSMeans Online)
PROJECT LOCATION
State: Saskatchewan
County: Division No 6
Address: 3737 Wacana Parkway
PROJECT TYPE
Building Category: Apartment bldgs
Work Type: New

PROJECT DESCRIPTION:
proposed construction of a student residence that will include two 12-storey towers connecting two 5-storey residence wings. The building will include 232 beds in dormitory rooms and an additional 372 beds in 1, 2, and 4 bedroom suites. Also included are 90 child daycare spaces and a 150-car underground parkade.
     
     
  #6045  
Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 12:13 AM
Devon Devon is offline
Regina SK
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Saskatoon via Regina
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike328 View Post
Possible new dorms for the University of Regina?

Found on ReedConstructionData:
Awesome. I wonder where. A few things about the U of R. I wish they would create some architectural guidelines. It's definitely on the modern side of the spectrum, would love to see some regulations for all buildings in the future, creating a visual identity. How many storeys are the current dorm towers?
     
     
  #6046  
Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 12:14 AM
Devon Devon is offline
Regina SK
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Saskatoon via Regina
Posts: 643
And my other dreams for the U of R are for them to take more of an initiative to create a department in the downtown. With residences there's as well. That's likely far from being in the picture but would be a great population push for the core.
     
     
  #6047  
Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 12:16 AM
Treesplease Treesplease is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
That's a lot of overpasses. I think I count 8 in one interchange. What wiill that cost?
yeah....that interchange is a bit on the lavish side for what Regina can expect - it would be nice though. I think you can accomplish the same with 3 or 4 overpasses/bridges. Speed of the turns dependent on space available. But, who knows what they will come up with? It won't be a clover leaf is about all I know for sure.
     
     
  #6048  
Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 12:52 AM
SkydivePilot SkydivePilot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: REGINA
Posts: 2,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Lewvan was $34 million in 2009 dollars for a very simple interchange. I would think the one at Pinkie and Highway 11 will be of the simpler sort.
I'd bet that the Pinkie/Highway #11 interchange will be undertaken in two phases: The first one is obvious; the second phase would be completed when the last phase of the 'Perimeter Highway' is completed. (The part where it extends from Highway #11 --- around the north end to Highway #1 East.)
     
     
  #6049  
Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 12:54 AM
Dougler306 Dougler306 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Regina
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon View Post
Awesome. I wonder where. A few things about the U of R. I wish they would create some architectural guidelines. It's definitely on the modern side of the spectrum, would love to see some regulations for all buildings in the future, creating a visual identity. How many storeys are the current dorm towers?
According to the U of R master plan they should be built directly across from the language arts institute. Which is currently a parking lot. As for the downtown concept of the U of R, i would like to see the collage ave campus revitalized before that which could add to the fringe of downtown and slowly move in
     
     
  #6050  
Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 1:42 AM
macblaze's Avatar
macblaze macblaze is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Regina
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefourthtower View Post
Transportation and Logistics has become a significant driver of the economy in Regina and the province of Saskatchewan due in part to infrastructure developments like the Global Transportation Hub
February 19, 2013


Read more: http://www.leaderpost.com/business/Transportation+Logistics/7966353/story.html#ixzz2LTG642uU
So is the GTH in direct competition with center point in Winnipeg ? Somtimes I check out the center point forum and anytime ours is brought up they seem to scuff at the idea that we are even trying . One thing I have read is that they say is a issues is our direct access to the US and not have a 4 lane highway to the US border .
     
     
  #6051  
Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 2:03 AM
thefourthtower thefourthtower is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rueannatta
Posts: 2,597
`

Last edited by thefourthtower; Jun 20, 2013 at 8:47 PM.
     
     
  #6052  
Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 1:09 PM
thefourthtower thefourthtower is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rueannatta
Posts: 2,597
`

Last edited by thefourthtower; Jun 20, 2013 at 8:47 PM.
     
     
  #6053  
Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 5:46 PM
Dan0myte Dan0myte is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefourthtower View Post
They have been talking about this for some time now ,it would be a nice addition to the university
And take some pressure off of the Hillsdale neighbourhood, who are overrun with rental properties and university students who can't get a dorm on-campus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougler306
i would like to see the collage ave campus revitalized before that which could add to the fringe of downtown and slowly move in
They're well on their way! $3 Million donated so far, they need $7 million more to reach their goal and begin construction.
http://www.uregina.ca/external/communications/feature-stories/current/fs-11292012-1.html
http://www.uregina.ca/external/communications/feature-stories/current/fs-11162012.html
http://www.uregina.ca/external/communications/feature-stories/current/fs-12142012.html
     
     
  #6054  
Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 6:04 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougler306 View Post
According to the U of R master plan they should be built directly across from the language arts institute. Which is currently a parking lot. As for the downtown concept of the U of R, i would like to see the collage ave campus revitalized before that which could add to the fringe of downtown and slowly move in
This is a rough concept from the UR Master Plan:

     
     
  #6055  
Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 7:00 PM
BrannyMuffin BrannyMuffin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Regina
Posts: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike328 View Post
Possible new dorms for the University of Regina?

Found on ReedConstructionData:
I'm not 100% certain I understand the project description:
Quote:
PROJECT DESCRIPTION:
proposed construction of a student residence that will include two 12-storey towers connecting two 5-storey residence wings. The building will include 232 beds in dormitory rooms and an additional 372 beds in 1, 2, and 4 bedroom suites. Also included are 90 child daycare spaces and a 150-car underground parkade.
Specifically, the bolded part.

I was picturing something similar to the North and South Residences (I kinda wish they would give them proper names, lol) except maybe connected above ground rather than below. That's the only way I can imagine two towers connecting two separate wings, unless I'm missing something. I like the look of the master plan concept better than two separate buildings.

This looks like it's right across from Campion...those towers would have the best views on campus. Although, it might be fun looking out on the academic green during the day.

Someone was wondering how tall the North and South residences are...I believe they are 12-storeys.
     
     
  #6056  
Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 7:32 PM
Devon Devon is offline
Regina SK
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Saskatoon via Regina
Posts: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrannyMuffin View Post
I'm not 100% certain I understand the project description:

Specifically, the bolded part.

I was picturing something similar to the North and South Residences (I kinda wish they would give them proper names, lol) except maybe connected above ground rather than below. That's the only way I can imagine two towers connecting two separate wings, unless I'm missing something. I like the look of the master plan concept better than two separate buildings.

This looks like it's right across from Campion...those towers would have the best views on campus. Although, it might be fun looking out on the academic green during the day.

Someone was wondering how tall the North and South residences are...I believe they are 12-storeys.

That was me wondering, thank you! I think the 2 new 12-storeys would be those pictured on the left of the that drawing, with the 5-storey wing being the connecting portion. Obviously looks like floors are off by the drawing, but it is rough. That makes the most sense to me. I really like the plan to create a residence quarte akin to the U of S's. I also love the bowl pictured next to them, although I hope that is a super rough drawing as well. Dirt pathways dissecting a square field? haha
     
     
  #6057  
Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 7:49 PM
Stormer's Avatar
Stormer Stormer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8,043
8.3.9 Student Residential Buildings
Expansion of the north-east corner of the campus (Site 8) with two large courtyard buildings structured along an east west spine with primary frontages towards the lake (See Figure C-44). The buildings envisioned in this plan are intended to create a new residential precinct that supports the viability and year-round use of amenities on campus, diversifies the housing options, and provides a relocation and expansion of the current daycare facility. The massing of the residences is configured as slim L-shaped buildings of three to four storeys in height. Two of the four buildings have a tower component at the corners, creating an overall building height of 10 to 12 storeys. The massing focuses height inward towards the colleges and transitions down toward the lake to optimize views to both it and the park, and to respect the character of the existing buildings fronting University Drive North. The buildings define two significant recreational open spaces for the North Campus, and are structured along the North-South Pedestrian Mall. The building configuration frames views, provides east-west connections to FNUniv and the Language Institute buildings, and provides a new welcoming interface and access both internally and externally.

http://www.uregina.ca/physplnt/masterplan/docs/Final/Part4_Built_Form_Final.pdf
     
     
  #6058  
Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 8:05 PM
thefourthtower thefourthtower is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rueannatta
Posts: 2,597
`

Last edited by thefourthtower; Jun 25, 2013 at 8:48 PM.
     
     
  #6059  
Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 8:45 PM
Tyler19944 Tyler19944 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 110
I think this would mean that the parking garage south of Campion proposed in the master plan will be built sooner rather than later.

I'm really hoping this happens before I'm done school; the walk from the Language building to the Native university is terrible in winter lol and it would be nice to go inside the new building on my walk
     
     
  #6060  
Old Posted Feb 21, 2013, 8:47 PM
Dan0myte Dan0myte is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefourthtower View Post
Has there been anything built at the university since the Sask Party came into power, and hopfuly continue to
If you consider Innovation Place as part of the U of R, then yes. The SDCL & Health Lab as well as Two Research Drive.

The Ed Auditorium was stripped to bare bones and fully renovated as well, but that's not really a new building.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:11 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.