Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx
We put caveats on titles for money owing over 90 days and have had good success. Mind you, we have a low rental rate and a very good ownership group of 59 units. Love my building.
|
That might work but I guarantee you, if they wanted, an owner could tie you up for years in legal purgatory and cost you a fortune. I'll know more over the next few months... I am just about to take a legal course related to property law... but grew up in a family of lawyers
We never had any problems like that in our smaller, mostly owner occupied unit in the Calgary building either. But there were as lot of long time owners in there.. and no renters as far as I can remember. The McKay building is only 8 years old, and was bought into by lots of younger folks that have since moved on and kept the units as rental. As it is right now, we barely spend any time there, preferring the house in Parkdale. I'd like to rent it too, but I feel for the building a bit, and I don't want to see it get any worse.