HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #6721  
Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 3:36 PM
Copes's Avatar
Copes Copes is offline
Millennial Ascendancy
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 1,086
Hey all,

I've been incredibly busy since returning home for the holidays, so as is to be expected it looks like I've missed 10+ pages. I have a lot of catching up to do when I'm back to St. John's!

I'm leaving today for Costa Rica, and won't be back in business until January 7th. I just wanted to make a point to pop my head in and say that I hope you all are having a fantastic holiday, and that you and yours have an exciting and happy New Year.

Cheers guys, let's make 2013 the best of SSP yet. I'll talk to you all then.

- Copes
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6722  
Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 5:17 PM
statbass statbass is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: St. John's
Posts: 1,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
I don't know. I'd love to be able to help keep things organized and all that but I'd hate to be the one having to deal with trolls, etc.
No worries, Signal. I'm sure that most members (including me) will help out in whichever way to make the mod experience run more smoothly for you.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6723  
Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 5:41 PM
Townie709's Avatar
Townie709 Townie709 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland
Posts: 1,775
Statbass, you could be our second mod as well if Signal doesn't want to. If he doesn't want to, we can't make him

And enjoy your holiday Copes!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6724  
Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 5:55 PM
statbass statbass is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: St. John's
Posts: 1,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townie709 View Post
Statbass, you could be our second mod as well if Signal doesn't want to. If he doesn't want to, we can't make him

And enjoy your holiday Copes!!
I'd definitely help out, but I don't think I can fully commit to being a moderator. With a new job and a baby coming soon I'm afraid I'd be lacking in my moderator duties.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6725  
Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 5:56 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,331
Aww, CONGRATS!

*****

I threw my hat into the ring in the other thread.

*****

I went to Stavanger today (the better half wanted to stop at a couple of places). I couldn't get a shot of everything going up there (WOW, there's a lot... and I didn't even go handy to the hotel) but I got a few new-to-me updates. I'll post them in the St. John's Retail thread once they're ready.
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6726  
Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 6:09 PM
statbass statbass is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: St. John's
Posts: 1,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
Aww, CONGRATS!

*****

I threw my hat into the ring in the other thread.

*****

I went to Stavanger today (the better half wanted to stop at a couple of places). I couldn't get a shot of everything going up there (WOW, there's a lot... and I didn't even go handy to the hotel) but I got a few new-to-me updates. I'll post them in the St. John's Retail thread once they're ready.
Thanks and good stuff, I think you'll be a great moderator!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6727  
Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 6:26 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,331
I sold a picture. Three, in fact - in one order. My first Zenfolio order.

And I happened to be out having lunch with my FIANCE (Aaahhh!) when the email came through alerting me. So I got to do a little happy dance.

It wasn't classy or anything. Just DQ, ha! But still... awesome.
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6728  
Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 8:06 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,331
Aaahhh!!! We're here!
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6729  
Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 8:07 PM
jeddy1989's Avatar
jeddy1989 jeddy1989 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 2,711
AND WE ARE NOW OFFICIALLY IN OUR OWN SUB-FORUM!!!!
__________________
-Where Once They Stood-
-We Stand-
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6730  
Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 8:08 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,331
I feel like we won the right to host the Olympics or something, ha! This is going to be awesome. We'll be able to get so many more people to participate, I bet.

EDIT: I keep clicking on St. John's in breadcrumb trail. I love it. And viewing it in the list from the main Canada section... aaahhh! Our little city keeps chugging along. I hope this boom lasts for 1,000 years, ha!
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6731  
Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 8:11 PM
jeddy1989's Avatar
jeddy1989 jeddy1989 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 2,711
Look at how perdy our city's name looks there among the others

__________________
-Where Once They Stood-
-We Stand-
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6732  
Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 8:15 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,331
I'm practically doing curtsies at my desk - blushing and everything, ha!
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6733  
Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 8:45 PM
Townie709's Avatar
Townie709 Townie709 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland
Posts: 1,775
I'm so glad we got our own subforum!!! It's soo much easier to navigate and we don't have to be afraid of cluttering up the Atlantic section by making new threads! Hopefully our membership will continue to grow and we will have LOTS to talk about in the upcoming years! Thank you mike!

I love how we are now visible right from the main Canada page and even from the main skyscraperpage forum website!! AND, we can see just how many people (lurkers!) are viewing our section! I LOVE this new subforum!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6734  
Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 8:49 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,331
Cheers!

• Video Link
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."

Last edited by SignalHillHiker; Dec 27, 2012 at 10:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6735  
Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 9:32 PM
Copes's Avatar
Copes Copes is offline
Millennial Ascendancy
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Posts: 1,086
Checked from the hotel, and look at this. A brand new forum!

Congrats guys, just goes to show that our diligent project tracking has paid off!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6736  
Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 10:15 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,331
Yay, Copes! Have fun, BTW!

*****

If you're wondering why our lovely Ljubov Orlova is still in port:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundla...27/nl-orlova-departure-delayed-1227.html

Poor weather conditions have once again delayed the departure of a decrepit Russian cruise ship that is docked in St. John's.
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6737  
Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 10:36 PM
PoscStudent's Avatar
PoscStudent PoscStudent is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St. John's
Posts: 3,817
I prefer Kim Stockwood's version, but St. John's Waltz is one of my songs. My favourite song about St. John's.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6738  
Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 10:41 PM
PoscStudent's Avatar
PoscStudent PoscStudent is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St. John's
Posts: 3,817
17 people are currently viewing the St. John's subforum.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6739  
Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 10:47 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,331
Switched it to Kim for you. And yes, I've been watching that as well. It's wonderful to have some idea how many we have.

We peaked at around 30 viewers earlier and, for most of the time that we've had our own section, we've had from 1/3 to 2/3 as many viewers as Halifax. I'm basing it on them because I have no idea how many we should have - but I imagine anything approaching half as many as Halifax is very good for our city our size and with our number of projects.
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6740  
Old Posted Dec 27, 2012, 11:18 PM
Townie709's Avatar
Townie709 Townie709 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland
Posts: 1,775
Today, or anytime this week for that matter, is probably not a great time to measure our "attendance" here because it is a weird week. Some people are off work, others spending time with family, others on vacations, etc. I imagine there isn't very many people reading now as there is more exciting things happening. I'd say we will get a pretty good idea of how many we have by mid January.

About the orlova.. I just want it gone. ASAP!
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:43 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.