HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #501  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2012, 5:07 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,304
Exterior signage has gone up for Wicker Emporium at the Mapleton Centre. I suspect opening is imminent. They are installing interior fixtures and there is a tractor trailer out front that I presume contains inventory.

I think store openings at Mapleton will be coming hot and heavy between now and mid-December. The facade for PetSmart is now complete but the sign has not yet been installed.
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #502  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2012, 5:43 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,304
Teriyaki Experience is apparently opening a location soon at Champlain Place.

http://www.teriyakiexperience.com/mobile/en/Find-a-Store.html
__________________
Go 'Cats Go

Last edited by MonctonRad; Oct 30, 2012 at 7:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #503  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2012, 6:57 PM
OUIR@random OUIR@random is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nouveau-Brunswick
Posts: 787
Yes Teriyaki Japan

I'm glad about this one, yum! I contacted them because I saw the franchise availability in the Times last summer and they told me they would open by the end of the year. I was told last spring that Pita Zone was leaving and initially I thought it would be ThaiExpress but alas, maybe soon though, that would be great. OJ is leaving next year (moving in with DQ) and one more will leave or maybe two!

Last edited by OUIR@random; Oct 30, 2012 at 10:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #504  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2012, 11:14 PM
Norshorer's Avatar
Norshorer Norshorer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Moncton, NB
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Teriyaki Experience is apparently opening a location soon at Champlain Place.
It's not Dim Sum, but hey, this'll do nicely! Can't wait for this one

Was starting to fear that Manchu Wok would be the only oriental-themed resto in Champlain for a while and to be honest, they're not all that much to write home about (they've had orange chicken listed as a new/featured item for about the past year now... lol)

Also, MonctonRad appears to have posted a link to the mobile version of the website... here's the regular version with some nicely done Flash animation: http://www.teriyakiexperience.com

Sigh... someday, Dim Sum... you will be mine again.
__________________
Wasting space on the internet, 1kb at a time.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #505  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2012, 11:21 PM
Monctonguy19's Avatar
Monctonguy19 Monctonguy19 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Moncton
Posts: 47
I past in front of the mapleton power center this morning coming off the wheeler and I saw a CIBC sign, I couldn't read what it was saying though. Does anyone has any info on this?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #506  
Old Posted Oct 30, 2012, 11:23 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,304


Yes, the sign says "financing supplied by CIBC", so no, there is no CIBC branch being built there.
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #507  
Old Posted Oct 31, 2012, 1:22 PM
JohnQCandNB JohnQCandNB is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshark View Post
Petsmart blue!

Rona at the Left and The Brick at the top right
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #508  
Old Posted Oct 31, 2012, 1:29 PM
JohnQCandNB JohnQCandNB is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 8
Thai Express, Bâton Rouge or Madisons NY Grill and Bar could be nice fit in Moncton.

Cage Au sport would be nice 2 but i don't think the company wants franchise in other province.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #509  
Old Posted Oct 31, 2012, 1:40 PM
Taeolas Taeolas is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fredericton
Posts: 5,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnQCandNB View Post
Rona at the Left and The Brick at the top right
Now that you mention it, the colouring and the shapes could fit a Rona and a Brick. Of course I don't think there's enough space for a lumbar yard so it probably isn't a Rona.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #510  
Old Posted Oct 31, 2012, 2:22 PM
OUIR@random OUIR@random is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nouveau-Brunswick
Posts: 787
Madison Grill New York Grill & Bar is only in the province of Quebec at this time. Thai Express is already in Freddy I hope it comes here too. I don't see la Cage au Sports coming here it's too much Quebec-ish and probably the company doesn't want to migrate outside of Quebec...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #511  
Old Posted Oct 31, 2012, 2:25 PM
OUIR@random OUIR@random is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nouveau-Brunswick
Posts: 787
It was said before by several others here, Rona is not going to that ''small'' retail space at Mapleton.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #512  
Old Posted Oct 31, 2012, 2:36 PM
Acajack's Avatar
Acajack Acajack is offline
Gros Méchant Loup
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SSP Graveyard
Posts: 72,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUIR@random View Post
Madison Grill New York Grill & Bar is only in the province of Quebec at this time. Thai Express is already in Freddy I hope it comes here too. I don't see la Cage au Sports coming here it's too much Quebec-ish and probably the company doesn't want to migrate outside of Quebec...
La Cage aux Sports would likely be rebranded outside Quebec (except maybe for a place like Edmundston), likely along something similar to the Don Cherry's model.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #513  
Old Posted Oct 31, 2012, 2:48 PM
q12's Avatar
q12 q12 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,134
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #514  
Old Posted Oct 31, 2012, 3:24 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by q12 View Post
I still think the storefront is too small for Rona, but I also am beginning to doubt that it will be Best Buy too. I think that Best Buy's current pecuniary difficulties have put the kibosh on any expansion plans into Moncton. I remain hopeful, but my optimism is beginning to fade on this one. The footprint is too small and the entrance (despite the colours) doesn't seem right....
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #515  
Old Posted Oct 31, 2012, 3:29 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnQCandNB View Post
Thai Express, Bâton Rouge or Madisons NY Grill and Bar could be nice fit in Moncton.

Cage Au sport would be nice 2 but i don't think the company wants franchise in other province.
Welcome to the forums!

You are likely right, and there is a natural tendency for Quebec based chains to set up in Moncton rather than Halifax, so these possibilities should be considered.

I am particularly vexated that Baton Rouge has not opened yet, especially given that the HQ of the chain is on Main St.

Another possibility for the second restaurant pad at Mapleton is Ola (Ela) Greek Taverna. They have in the past expressed interest in the Moncton market, and in Mapleton in particular.
__________________
Go 'Cats Go
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #516  
Old Posted Oct 31, 2012, 3:50 PM
q12's Avatar
q12 q12 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I still think the storefront is too small for Rona, but I also am beginning to doubt that it will be Best Buy too. I think that Best Buy's current pecuniary difficulties have put the kibosh on any expansion plans into Moncton. I remain hopeful, but my optimism is beginning to fade on this one. The footprint is too small and the entrance (despite the colours) doesn't seem right....
source

Here is the front of the new St. John's store.
source




The colors look pretty close, probably depends on the lighting in different pictures. If you look on their website their logo colors are very close to Best Buy. It seems like Rona uses different shades of blues at some stores as the pictures of the inside of THIS Rona seem to match.

http://www.rona.ca

I'm 99% sure that this is going to be a Rona Proximity Store.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #517  
Old Posted Oct 31, 2012, 4:07 PM
OUIR@random OUIR@random is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Nouveau-Brunswick
Posts: 787
Look at the scale of both examples, completely out of scale, this tenant will not be Rona, 110% sure.
Just the height of the building would need to be twice as high, at least.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #518  
Old Posted Oct 31, 2012, 4:20 PM
q12's Avatar
q12 q12 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 5,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUIR@random View Post
Look at the scale of both examples, completely out of scale, this tenant will not be Rona, 110% sure.
Just the height of the building would need to be twice as high, at least.
Height looks ok to me...

These new Rona proximity stores are only 30,000 sq ft or so.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #519  
Old Posted Oct 31, 2012, 4:29 PM
gehrhardt's Avatar
gehrhardt gehrhardt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dartmouth, NS
Posts: 507
From the Rona website, referring to the Proximity store format: "Products such as doors and windows, as well as building materials, will be available on special order."

To me, that means that there doesn't need to be a lumber yard. This is a smaller format store than the Home Depot's and Kent's that we're used to.

Maybe they're testing the waters with the smaller store. Moncton is pretty saturated with home renovation stores as it is.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #520  
Old Posted Oct 31, 2012, 4:32 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is online now
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,324
Is there anyone you guys can just call up and ask what it's going to be?

I'd be rooting for Best Buy. Just because I like electronics more than lumber and spend more time at Best Buy than Rona, ha!
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:49 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.