Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70
Not to be a troll, but I looked for the SLC numbers in the report and it looks like the numbers stated in the article relate to San Fransisco, not SLC. SLC is not even mentioned as far as I can tell.
Was this a case of bad journalism?
|
Thanks for the correction. I really liked the news, but the numbers just didn't add up, especially with the 350,000 people living within 2 miles of the city hall. Salt Lake doesn't even have that many live within the city limits.
As an answer to your question, yes it is a case of bad journalism. But surprisingly enough it is bad journalism on the case of the US Census Bureau, not the SL Trib. I looked at the report when it was first published as Salt Lake City was listed as number 4, the spot where San Francisco was actually supposed to be. It looks like they have fixed it since the initial report.