Quote:
Originally Posted by rgalston
The Convention Centre expansion is a waste of money and will solidify South Portage as a vacant-feeling no-go zone for pedestrians no matter what the design. But holy 🞵🞵🞵🞵 is this bad.
|
Yet I would much prefer this over a parking lot. Because even if pedestrians wouldn't go to the Convention Centre on a normal day, hundreds of thousands of people are going to be brought to the city over the years, potential deals, and business will come to the city that would have otherwise been loss due to the outdated centre we currently have.
I would much rather that, than have the hundred some odd people who get to park their cars closer to work throughout the year.
And the Hotel project
s (key being plural) surrounding the development, are certain to bring people to the area. I hope you are being sarcastic.