HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2401  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2012, 7:46 AM
G.S MTL's Avatar
G.S MTL G.S MTL is offline
MTL♥
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,496
thanks
__________________
Montreal, Pearl of Canada.
Population: 4.6 Million
     
     
  #2402  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2012, 3:11 PM
Surrealplaces's Avatar
Surrealplaces Surrealplaces is offline
Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cowtropolis
Posts: 20,269

Last edited by Surrealplaces; Sep 11, 2012 at 3:33 PM.
     
     
  #2403  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2012, 3:22 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is offline
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,328


Gorgeous! I love that there are enough attractive, unique buildings now that you don't even notice the older, concrete ones as much.
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
     
     
  #2404  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2012, 3:31 PM
Surrealplaces's Avatar
Surrealplaces Surrealplaces is offline
Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cowtropolis
Posts: 20,269
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witty Nickname View Post
     
     
  #2405  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2012, 3:34 PM
Surrealplaces's Avatar
Surrealplaces Surrealplaces is offline
Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cowtropolis
Posts: 20,269
     
     
  #2406  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2012, 4:10 PM
Surrealplaces's Avatar
Surrealplaces Surrealplaces is offline
Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cowtropolis
Posts: 20,269

Calgary Sunrise by Albudd, on Flickr
     
     
  #2407  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2012, 4:12 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is offline
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,328


Ooh, that one is awesome. What's that building with the sloping roof near the centre of the main bulk of skyline?
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
     
     
  #2408  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2012, 4:23 PM
Surrealplaces's Avatar
Surrealplaces Surrealplaces is offline
Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cowtropolis
Posts: 20,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post


Ooh, that one is awesome. What's that building with the sloping roof near the centre of the main bulk of skyline?
That would be Eight Avenue Place (EAP)
     
     
  #2409  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2012, 5:14 PM
patm patm is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 639
Imagine how much more prominent our skyline would be if it weren't in a valley.
     
     
  #2410  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2012, 6:00 PM
Symz's Avatar
Symz Symz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Windsor, On.
Posts: 1,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrealplaces View Post
Wow, Calgary looking real 🞵🞵🞵🞵 in this pic!
     
     
  #2411  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2012, 6:05 PM
Rico Rommheim's Avatar
Rico Rommheim Rico Rommheim is offline
Look at me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: City of Bagels
Posts: 13,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrealplaces View Post
Wonderful. Starting to look...acceptable
     
     
  #2412  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2012, 7:04 PM
craner's Avatar
craner craner is offline
Go Tall or Go Home
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 7,418
Awesome Surreal!
Now I just don't know which one to use as my wall paper.
Thanks
     
     
  #2413  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2012, 8:41 PM
davidivivid davidivivid is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ville de Québec City
Posts: 3,075
I may actually prefer EAP to The Bow... both are great skyscrapers anyway!
__________________
"I went on a diet, swore off drinking and heavy eating, and in fourteen days I lost two weeks" Joe E. Lewis
     
     
  #2414  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2012, 8:47 PM
vegeta_skyline vegeta_skyline is offline
Registered User, Maybe
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Windsor
Posts: 1,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post


Gorgeous! I love that there are enough attractive, unique buildings now that you don't even notice the older, concrete ones as much.
Personally I love the mix of old and new. Up close the older concrete buildings may not look all that great but from a distance its the diversity that they help provide that helps make the skyline look more interesting in my eyes.
     
     
  #2415  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2012, 10:59 PM
SignalHillHiker's Avatar
SignalHillHiker SignalHillHiker is offline
I ♣ Baby Seals
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sin Jaaawnz, Newf'nland
Posts: 36,328


I can see that. And I agree to an extent. For example, I think Calgary has a more interesting skyline than the highrise, residential areas of downtown Vancouver.
__________________
Note to self: "The plural of anecdote is not evidence."
     
     
  #2416  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2012, 11:08 PM
FrAnKs's Avatar
FrAnKs FrAnKs is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ville de Québec / Quebec city
Posts: 5,936
I've never been a huge fan of Calgary to be honnest, but the shoot make it looks very massive ! Thanks for posting.
__________________
PROVINCE OF QUEBEC ==> 9 050 000
MONTREAL METRO ==> 4 600 000
QUEBEC CITY METRO ==> 900 000
     
     
  #2417  
Old Posted Sep 12, 2012, 2:19 AM
zoomer's Avatar
zoomer zoomer is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,049
I agree with Franks, those are wonderful shots of Calgary, especially the evening ones which shows off the overall skyline more as the details of the individual buildings are muted. Except for the Bow I can't really think of many other buildings I find attractive, it's kind of blah. Personal taste I know, but Edmonton has a handful of cool buildings I quite like.
     
     
  #2419  
Old Posted Sep 12, 2012, 7:19 PM
Martin Mtl's Avatar
Martin Mtl Martin Mtl is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,075
Wow. Amazing stuff. Thanks.
     
     
  #2420  
Old Posted Sep 12, 2012, 7:48 PM
G.S MTL's Avatar
G.S MTL G.S MTL is offline
MTL♥
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,496
wow!! look at those Montreal shots!! amazinggggg
__________________
Montreal, Pearl of Canada.
Population: 4.6 Million
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:43 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.