Quote:
Originally Posted by kw5150
As if! There will be more skyscrapers built and the bow will suit it's surroundings better later. For now, it is one of the nicest office environments in the world with more development to take place in the future. How about just thanking Witty for his efforts and leave it at that. We all know how many people think it is too fat.......there is no point in beating it to death anymore. I swear it is the same people saying the same thing every time a Calgary skyline pic is posted.
Get over it.
|
As far as I can recall, my previous intervention was the first comment I've ever posted concerning The Bows' location within Calgary's skyline, though my comments admiring its architecture are plentiful. Hence, surely you aren't refering to me as one of "the same people". Consequently, I am confused as to what an acceptable opinion might be for you: The Bow is the best, its location is the best within a skyline that is the best... is that it?
I've stated two times in the present conversation that I like its architecture as well as Calgary's overall skyline so if you cannot digest the fact that I'm critical of its location, so be it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kw5150
Whats with that big ugly tower throwing off the proportions of the skyline? Bad tower and bad location.
|
I'll play along. Tell you what man: I love my city, reason why I can be its biggest critic at times...
If you are talking about the building in the forefront than you are correct, at least according to my opinion. Its architecture is very utilitarian, like most public office towers build in the 70's. As for its location, it is situated on Chemin Sainte-Foy, an historic road which is lined up with old catholic schools and beautiful mansions, one of which housed the son of Queen Victoria when he was living in Quebec City. It is completely out of place in that particular environment. Hence, there is indeed much to be desired about its location. See, it wasn't that difficult.