Quote:
Originally Posted by 240glt
I call BS on that one. Did you know that for a typical infrastructure project (this is for buildings typically, but should be able to be applied elsewhere with different percentages) 47% of the lifecycle cost of the building is initial construction, 53% is operation and upkeep fo the facility. There is no reason why, for whole leg of the LRT, that upgrades shouldn't be happening to the NE leg. The condition of the stations and ROW is appalling
|
Oh I am well aware of life-cycle costs. I'm just commenting where the priority of funding is directed.
For example, there has been talk about doing a 40th Ave. station on the SLRT line, on the back of a community redevelopment plan. (more density via zoning --> justify the station). However, talk to anyone at the city and they'll tell you LRT funds will go towards new lines (SE, W, N, ...hell, even NE extension to Gorman) before that station would ever see the light of day.