But $28/sqft for the office is laughable, no? Unless we are talking full utilities and operations. Granted, I don't know what going rates are for new-build, suburban or first-ring suburban office space.
There is no way they will get $28psf for the office...unless that price includes TI allowances. But its nice to see this happening on an old gas station site.
Inside, the building is still unfinished. While its structural proportions perfectly match those of the old hotel, inside, Regan plans up-to-date broadcast studios and offices. There will be several public performance spaces for live concerts, and a proper record library and archive, which will offer classes in music history and appreciation. Regan’s goal is to connect CKUA to the community in a whole new way, by making its building an active public gathering place.
Quote:
It will also generate revenue, by leasing out two floors of commercial office space, as well as serving as landlord for a ground-floor bar and restaurant.
Quote:
Inspired by the Beatles and Let it Be, he also envisions outdoor concerts on the hotel roof — now the building’s fifth-floor patio.
“I’m seeing Corb Lund or Jann Arden on this terrace, and shutting down Jasper Avenue for a street dance,” Crawshaw grins. “When we tie into convention traffic, people are not only going to be introduced to the best music in the city — they can take it home with them, on our website.”
Yea, it looks they are on the mark with this one. Given how they've moved on every other one of their projects, I wouldn't doubt if we see them breaking ground by July.
IMO nicest tower in the city now. Very sleek — and love the 9th floor patio. Hummm things are starting to happen on the residential design front in our city.
Yea, it looks they are on the mark with this one. Given how they've moved on every other one of their projects, I wouldn't doubt if we see them breaking ground by July.
What other Westrich projects are there besides the Windermere condos being planned?
Looking even better than the first renderings. Fantastic.
I like how the 'views' section of their website is clearly taken from the top of Quest. In one of their SE facing views, you can see their site in the distance.
I'll believe that 9th floor patio when I see it. Let me guess,...they are getting the area titled as common property but it will be up to the condo board to out fit it.
I'll believe that 9th floor patio when I see it. Let me guess,...they are getting the area titled as common property but it will be up to the condo board to out fit it.