Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffyy
Having lived in and worked in and around the area, I'm can honestly say I'm puzzled by these reports. I'm not gonna say it doesn't happen but I have never personally had it happen. I've eaten at out of the way resturants in places like playa and Akumal and never had a problem. I just wonder how many of these alleged spikings are actually being authenticated or just people getting extremely carried away from consuming copious amounts of tequila and mezcal. I can inform you that having drank a large amount of mezcal in the past the end result can certainly make you feel for days after as though your drink was indeed spiked!!!
I would say when in doubt, be sure to observe your drinks being poured. This is easy at most swim up bars and lobby bars as your right there. But honestly I've lived in the area for almost 5 years and never had a issue. There are a large number of expats here from Canada and the US. I'm baffled...
|
What I heard was that a husband and wife RCMP from Sask had an incident at a local all inclusive where the man got his drink spiked. They actually took a sample back to Canada to have it tested. Whether this is true or BS who knows.
Personally I have been to the Cancun area a number of times and had no problem. Its like everywhere - if you go looking for trouble you usually find it.
The locals are great and are happy to serve you. I think they have a fondness for Canadians as compared to Americans (oh boy). We took an old Skyservice 757 down there the first time (cramped) then an AT 310 (better but still cramped). The departures lounge is mass chaos