HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1081  
Old Posted Feb 7, 2012, 3:33 AM
freeweed's Avatar
freeweed freeweed is offline
Home of Hyperchange
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dynamic City, Alberta
Posts: 17,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusili View Post
I just use a computer for this.
Kinda loses the romantic ambiance on a 23" monitor, with 2 computer chairs nestled close to each other.

What are the HD OTA channels we can get in Calgary? I assume CTV and CBC, what else?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1082  
Old Posted Feb 7, 2012, 5:04 AM
5seconds 5seconds is offline
Closed account
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
Kinda loses the romantic ambiance on a 23" monitor, with 2 computer chairs nestled close to each other.

What are the HD OTA channels we can get in Calgary? I assume CTV and CBC, what else?
CBC, CTV, Global, CityTV and OMNI. Also maybe that Crossroads one.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1083  
Old Posted Feb 7, 2012, 5:15 AM
mersar's Avatar
mersar mersar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 10,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seconds View Post
CBC, CTV, Global, CityTV and OMNI. Also maybe that Crossroads one.
Yep. 2 (Global), 4 (CTV), 5 (City), 9 (CBC) and 38 (OMNI) are all we get up in Ranchlands right now.
__________________

Live or work in the Beltline? Check out the Official Beltline web site here
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1084  
Old Posted Feb 7, 2012, 7:30 AM
Vascilli Vascilli is offline
Hare Expert
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Calgary, Toronto
Posts: 1,053
Oh man do I feel old. I am now 19, and somehow feel less mature than ever. This is my first birthday not in Calgary and damn does it feel weird.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1085  
Old Posted Feb 7, 2012, 2:00 PM
Bigtime's Avatar
Bigtime Bigtime is offline
Very tall. Such Scrape.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,727
Happy birthday Vascilli! Look on the bright side, you are legal to drink in all the provinces now!

Don't feel old, I turn 31 this month (and I'm still just as immature as I was in my 20's!).
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1086  
Old Posted Feb 7, 2012, 3:35 PM
shreddog shreddog is online now
Beer me Captain
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Taking a Pis fer all of ya
Posts: 5,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by mersar View Post
Yep. 2 (Global), 4 (CTV), 5 (City), 9 (CBC) and 38 (OMNI) are all we get up in Ranchlands right now.
In Tuxedo I get Global, CTV, City, RDI (16), CTS (32) and OMNI but NO CBC!! Still good for the price.

Best thing about OTA is when I tell people that I have wireless tv to go along with my wireless phone and wireless internet. Makes me sound cool ... instead of a semi-luddite!
__________________
Leaving a Pis fer all of ya!

Do something about your future.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1087  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2012, 2:13 PM
Bigtime's Avatar
Bigtime Bigtime is offline
Very tall. Such Scrape.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,727
I laughed:



We still love you Edmonton.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1088  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2012, 2:38 PM
Calgarian's Avatar
Calgarian Calgarian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 25,218
haha, that's awesome!
__________________
Git'er done!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1089  
Old Posted Feb 28, 2012, 10:47 PM
Innersoul1's Avatar
Innersoul1 Innersoul1 is offline
City of Blinding Lights
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,676
Given how much love there has been shown for the tilt-shift of Calgary on the move, thought you would all appreciate this:

http://www.dump.com/2012/02/26/2011-tilt-shift-of-the-carnaval-party-in-rio-de-janeiro-video/
__________________
Sweet dreams are made of cheese. Who am I to diss a brie?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1090  
Old Posted Mar 1, 2012, 3:59 AM
Jimby's Avatar
Jimby Jimby is offline
not a NIMBY
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 8,796
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nh0Cm3H2ow
🞵🞵🞵🞵 Calgarians say
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1091  
Old Posted Mar 1, 2012, 5:39 AM
Rusty van Reddick's Avatar
Rusty van Reddick Rusty van Reddick is offline
formerly-furry flâneur
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bankview, Calgary
Posts: 6,906
Ugh, that was painful.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1092  
Old Posted Mar 1, 2012, 5:51 AM
Jimby's Avatar
Jimby Jimby is offline
not a NIMBY
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 8,796
30 seconds or less would have been better!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1093  
Old Posted Mar 1, 2012, 5:56 AM
Ayreonaut's Avatar
Ayreonaut Ayreonaut is offline
EVDS MPlan Grad
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canmore, AB
Posts: 11,113
The only part I didn't mind was the Phoenix thing. There's definitely some truth to that.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1094  
Old Posted Mar 1, 2012, 9:52 PM
Calgarian's Avatar
Calgarian Calgarian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 25,218
Rumour has it there is going to be a UFC fight on July 21 at the Dome. I think I might try to go, not sure how entertaining it will be for the price they are going to charge.
__________________
Git'er done!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1095  
Old Posted Mar 1, 2012, 10:50 PM
Innersoul1's Avatar
Innersoul1 Innersoul1 is offline
City of Blinding Lights
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
Rumour has it there is going to be a UFC fight on July 21 at the Dome. I think I might try to go, not sure how entertaining it will be for the price they are going to charge.
Just short of Stampede, that would have been epic. I am sure that tickets will be pricey and I am sure that it will sell out!
__________________
Sweet dreams are made of cheese. Who am I to diss a brie?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1096  
Old Posted Mar 1, 2012, 11:18 PM
Ramsayfarian's Avatar
Ramsayfarian Ramsayfarian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
Rumour has it there is going to be a UFC fight on July 21 at the Dome. I think I might try to go, not sure how entertaining it will be for the price they are going to charge.
Just don't make eye contact for too long or honk your horn at anyone. The Douche will be strong and the air thick with Axe Body spray and testosterone. Too bad it isn't during Stampede as the fights in Nashville North and Cowboys would be epic.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1097  
Old Posted Mar 1, 2012, 11:40 PM
Witty Nickname's Avatar
Witty Nickname Witty Nickname is offline
Look up, Waaaaaay up
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary
Posts: 2,348
__________________
I am Calgarian!
My photos on Flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1098  
Old Posted Mar 1, 2012, 11:44 PM
Calgarian's Avatar
Calgarian Calgarian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 25,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsayfarian View Post
Just don't make eye contact for too long or honk your horn at anyone. The Douche will be strong and the air thick with Axe Body spray and testosterone. Too bad it isn't during Stampede as the fights in Nashville North and Cowboys would be epic.
You forgot to mention not to look at a single girl, otherwise you will be punched! lol
__________________
Git'er done!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1099  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2012, 5:44 PM
Innersoul1's Avatar
Innersoul1 Innersoul1 is offline
City of Blinding Lights
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsayfarian View Post
Just don't make eye contact for too long or honk your horn at anyone. The Douche will be strong and the air thick with Axe Body spray and testosterone. Too bad it isn't during Stampede as the fights in Nashville North and Cowboys would be epic.
<Slow Clap> returned right back at you sir! Classic.

Make sure that you wear an Affliction shirt so you fit in!
__________________
Sweet dreams are made of cheese. Who am I to diss a brie?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1100  
Old Posted Mar 2, 2012, 5:53 PM
bigcanuck bigcanuck is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innersoul1 View Post
Make sure that you wear an Affliction shirt so you fit in!
I must be out of touch - what happened to Tapout being the standard uniform?
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > General Discussions, Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:47 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.