HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #9661  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2012, 6:06 AM
isaidso isaidso is offline
North of Gilead
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: North of Gilead
Posts: 11,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
And I appreciate that. But at least let's wait until we have some quality renderings to base our "hate" on.

So far all we have seen is a blurry render.
Alright then.
     
     
  #9662  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2012, 8:20 AM
vegeta_skyline vegeta_skyline is offline
Registered User, Maybe
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Windsor
Posts: 1,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteford View Post
that red structure is far and away the best looking and coolest building of the modern type in all of Vancouver in my honest opinion.
I would go so far as to suggest that Woodwards w43 is the best looking and coolest building to be built in all of Canada during the 2000's (2000-2009)
Heres some more great shots of it;

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedy13 View Post




It's nice to see Woodwards getting some respect. I've been jealous of Vancouver ever since it was built for having the boldness to allow for such unconventional and inspired design.
     
     
  #9663  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2012, 9:22 AM
Rico Rommheim's Avatar
Rico Rommheim Rico Rommheim is offline
Look at me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: City of Bagels
Posts: 13,933
That building is by far the coolest modern highrise in vancouver. Perhaps the best looking modern skyscraper built in the nation the 1960's.
     
     
  #9664  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2012, 12:05 PM
Symz's Avatar
Symz Symz is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Windsor, On.
Posts: 1,876
That building is pretty cool, it's soo different than what you usually see, very neat.
     
     
  #9665  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2012, 2:23 PM
jlousa's Avatar
jlousa jlousa is offline
Ferris Wheel Hater
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,371
Thank guys, I really enjoy living there and I agree with you that it's one of the most attractive buildings built in recent years.
     
     
  #9666  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2012, 5:01 PM
Wooster's Avatar
Wooster Wooster is offline
Round Head
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,689
Yeah, Woodwards is a gem.
     
     
  #9667  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2012, 5:49 PM
Calgarian's Avatar
Calgarian Calgarian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 25,231
I think Shangri La is a nicer building, but Woodwards is pretty damn cool. You don't see buildings with lots of ornamentation anymore, so it's cool to see and makes it fairly unique.
     
     
  #9668  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2012, 9:05 PM
G.S MTL's Avatar
G.S MTL G.S MTL is offline
MTL♥
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,497
     
     
  #9669  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2012, 9:20 PM
vanman's Avatar
vanman vanman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 6,487
I love Woodwards as much as everybody else here, especially the flatiron side.
Hopefully the vines slowly crawling up those red panels eventually fill out completely as indicated in this rendering:


http://archrecord.construction.com/news/daily/archives/071227vancouver.asp
     
     
  #9670  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2012, 9:55 PM
LeftCoaster's Avatar
LeftCoaster LeftCoaster is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toroncouver
Posts: 13,166
Ya that's my favourite part of Woodwards, in a way the building isn't even complete yet!

Easily my favourite residential building in the country.

Jlousa I think the only problem with living in Woodwards is that it doesnt have a view of woodwards.
     
     
  #9671  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2012, 10:06 PM
jlousa's Avatar
jlousa jlousa is offline
Ferris Wheel Hater
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,371
That's true but I have a view of it from work.
     
     
  #9672  
Old Posted Jan 17, 2012, 10:41 PM
kw5150's Avatar
kw5150 kw5150 is offline
Here and There
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,807
I would sell an organ to live in woodwards! What a beautiful building and such a unique concept inside and out, including the common area.
     
     
  #9673  
Old Posted Jan 18, 2012, 6:21 AM
renthefinn's Avatar
renthefinn renthefinn is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,646
Once all the greenery is filled out on Woodwards, I think I will buy a place there.... It's nice as is definately one of my favourites...
     
     
  #9674  
Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 2:59 AM
Rico Rommheim's Avatar
Rico Rommheim Rico Rommheim is offline
Look at me!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: City of Bagels
Posts: 13,933
Regarding the Woodward, I can't find it in the diagrams??


Also, can someone post a pic of hamiltons skyline as seen from the waterfront? I've never seen that.
     
     
  #9675  
Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 3:40 AM
sonysnob sonysnob is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,839
Not Hamilton, but Ontario nevertheless. This is London on a not-so pretty winters night.

     
     
  #9676  
Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 3:42 AM
Andrewjm3D's Avatar
Andrewjm3D Andrewjm3D is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman View Post
I love Woodwards as much as everybody else here, especially the flatiron side.
Hopefully the vines slowly crawling up those red panels eventually fill out completely as indicated in this rendering:


http://archrecord.construction.com/news/daily/archives/071227vancouver.asp
That is cool but I'd be happy with just having the exposed metal.
     
     
  #9677  
Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 3:52 AM
vanman's Avatar
vanman vanman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 6,487
^ I believe it was designed so that if the vines failed to take hold the building would look great regardless.
     
     
  #9678  
Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 3:56 AM
Andrewjm3D's Avatar
Andrewjm3D Andrewjm3D is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,702
Well then they've passed with flying colours. I won't say it's the best because that's almost impossible to do, but it is one hell of a solid design. Top Shelf.

Am I the only one who thinks this building would look great in New Orleans near the French Quarter?
     
     
  #9679  
Old Posted Jan 19, 2012, 5:05 PM
kw5150's Avatar
kw5150 kw5150 is offline
Here and There
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman View Post
^ I believe it was designed so that if the vines failed to take hold the building would look great regardless.
If it is in Vancouver, it will grow! You can practically drop a seed on pavement and it will grow in that city.
     
     
  #9680  
Old Posted Jan 21, 2012, 4:17 AM
Witty Nickname's Avatar
Witty Nickname Witty Nickname is offline
Look up, Waaaaaay up
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary
Posts: 2,348
21 image panorama seen at 35mm and f/10


Deep Freeze Skyline by Witty nickname, on Flickr

Click for giant
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:10 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.