I am so sick of this 5 PM curfew K Street has, but I think it soon might be ready for some late night/24 hour action.
It's no surprise that the area severely dies down once all the 9 to 5 state workers go home, but once that housing project on the 700 block is done and K Street is home to about 200 new residents, things will have to change. Perhaps even the return of vehicles on K Street could bring change even sooner!
I dream of the day that I consider spending my evenings on K Street. Hanging out, people watching and listening to traffic go by as I eat my quality Italian dinner with my buddies out in the front patio of a new "hip" restaurant, then bar-hop until it's time to hit up the music venue, then after the show we'd end up at some cafe at 2:17 am for a poppy seed muffin and lurk for another hour, and then finally walk home. I can just see it now.
Until then, I'll be at the Shady Lady, patiently waiting for the resurrection of K Street.